1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Poker Run

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by AFNurse, Apr 2, 2005.

1. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Well, Spring is starting to arrive in Germany.... well sorta! We had lows this morning of 36 degrees, didn't seem to slow Shopguy down much (in fact, I would guess it speeded him up!) in arriving at Ramstein for a Poker run. By the end of the day, we had low 60's, sunshine, no major wind, and overall great riding weather. We had an almost 100 mile ride with 3 stops between start and finish (same place.....AAFES on Vogelweh). Went through the Johanniskeuz and Pirmasens area in a nice easy loop. GREAT ride!! Only sad part of the thing, Neither Shopguy or I won.....was an April Fools ride...low hand wins. Neither of us had high OR low hand..... Oh well. was still a nice ride! I am going to TRY to paste a picture in this, but no guarentee! If it works, Left to Right: Ron, Shopguy, and Me...AFNurse!

Attached Files:

2. shopguy

shopguy New Member

That had to be one of the best days I remember so far. Even the evening ride back to Spangdahlem was was good. The morning was a bit brisk, but all in all a GREAT day.
    Mapquest puts Spangdahlem 90 miles from Ramstein, so I got about 300 miles in Saturday, Guess I'll go out today and scrape the bugs I splatted on the way home. It's amazing how big of a mess they make at 90.
    Thanks again Nurse, that was a blast