1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Possible New Bike

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Bob is know for his tw6hg 590 lift cam
    Well his new 555 cam is on the same duration but only 555 lift instead of 590 so you don't have to do work on the springs in the heads.

555 cam rocks. Got buddy's with them. They won't shutup on how good it runs.
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Yes, thanks FLHT.
  3. JohnnyBiker

I think it has been decided. If I want to buy now, I have to buy that Eglide for just under 10k. If I want that FLHX I have to wait till October. I think that I am going to wait until October. I need to wait to let my credit score recover a little bit after spending nearly 40k on two vehicles. I am positive that it will be a Street Glide.

Now this brings a different aspect to the conversation, which pipes should I go with? I am not interested in a 2 into 1. Just a True Dual..:D
  4. cardboard

5. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

True Duals? take a pass.
  6. cardboard

Stay with the factory style pipes , you can use the header pipes I showed you.
    If not go with VAnce and Hines POwer Duals.
    Don't go with True Duals, you will loose some power on bottom end.
    This has been proven time and time again on a dyno.
  7. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Be worth the wait...one of these days I might buy something new:D
    Go to a demo day with HR and test a couple of models,you like the SG,HR may prefer an EGlide with a tour pak and the "lazy boy seat with the large backrest and armrests"...
    Then you'll prolly want a Stage 1 kit,if so here's a one stop shop you can get it all and a mapped tuner,install and you're done,then get on and ride....

Fuel Moto Power Packages
  8. cardboard

If you don't want Fuelmoto Stainless X pipes.
    Look at the VAnce and Hines Power Duals for a 2009 bike if you go with the Thunder-Max. Then they will have the 18mm bungs in them and go with Monster Rounds
    Do not git the hight outputs, they are for built motors.

YouTube - ‪Vance & Hines Power Duals w/ Hi-Output Slip-Ons‬‏

One of the biggest folks in the business is Fulsac performance.
    He also has a pipes like the X pipes Fuelmoto sells.

Fullsac Performance - '09 CVO 110" Stage II Sleeper Kit - Lake Havasu City, AZ
  9. cardboard

10. cardboard

11. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

If it were me I would not worry about what pipes till you get the bike. yea, talk about em do some research on em but until you actually get a bike I wouldn't get all excited.
  12. cardboard

Ride the bike, break it in and enjoy it and make a bunch of payments on it.
    Remember anything you do to it, if you loose it all that money becomes Harleys. when they reposses it.
    That's why you don't see me doing much more than I did. I want go pay if off.
    It would really, really hurt if I screw up and lost it.
  13. JohnnyBiker

I would probably get the detach tour pack with the lazy boy. It was HR that said that she wanted the smaller bike (touring). I am not going to say no. :D
  14. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

I wouldn't either:D Something to consider is,the EGlide Classic and SG are the same price and tour paks aren't cheap(guesstimate at about a grand)...you can remove the tour pak from the Classic put on a set of low profile shocks or stock SG takeoffs(SG is stock with low profile shocks) and you have a SG with bag guards....
    Low shocks and quick detach tour pak kit would be a lot less than buying the tour pak,backrest and quick detach kit.
  15. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

yes right now the Classic is the best buy Harley has going on touring bikes, another year or two and they probably won't make them any more, just like the standard, on to something more expensive.
    You can also have the seat worked on to get a lower sitting position, there are some guys out there that do great work on seats. And the kick backs from Chucktx and you're at Street Glide height.
  16. JohnnyBiker

All good arguments guys but isn't dropping the suspension on the EGlide going to run about the same as it would cost to put the detach tour pack on the SG? Kind of a catch 22 if you ask me...
  17. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Don't have a catalogue in front of me but I think it's a pretty safe bet that shorter shocks for an Electra Glide is going to be cheaper than a tour pac plus hardware to mount it on a Street Glide. The passenger section of the seat on an Electra Glide is a whole lot more significant other friendly than the rear perch on a Street Glide. You get the spot lights, bag guards..it's one of the better deals out there..I sure like mine and I went with the shorter rear shock route.
  18. cardboard

Give me a ultra
  19. JohnnyBiker

I didn't care for the front lowers that the 98 had on the bike so I don't really care about those. I guess the the main reason why I like the SG is that I like the stripped down look. I don't need all of the stuff the EGlide has on it. Why would I need to lower the SG anyways?? I feel just fine on it, I handle the bike nicely, It has the power that I need. Besides, I would be able to negotiate a 1500 free accessory package for the bike, so that solves that problem..
  20. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Not at all a catch 22 tour pack painted to match bike about $12-$15 hundred lowering rear shocks about $2-3 hundred , detach kit for tour pack under a hundred , If your going new go with the classic & then you'll have all you need & people are changing there SG's seats & all for more comfort so they c list them at decent prices ,& takes just a few minuntes to swap seats , just one bolt/screw & up & out of the way :cool:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.