1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Possible New Bike

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

this is assuming that I go with an HD suspension. From what I have learned here is that the best suspension to get is progressive. I would go that rout... Those are not cheep.:cool:
  2. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I think Works Performance is better..[had both on different bikes in the past] but the Harley shocks are fine. Cowboy makes a lot of sense here in regards to bike selection.
  3. JohnnyBiker

Another thing that I have to consider is Hot Rider. She doesn't much like the Classic either. Usually when it comes to stuff like this I wouldn't consider what she likes, but here I am. She calls the Classic a grandpa's bike, I happen to agree to a point.
  4. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

LOL...I hear you about the geezer glide but here's the thing. Harley took a Geezer Glide..took the trunk off, took the bag rails off, took the spotlamps off..chucked the touring seat and the 12 inch windscreen and put on shorter shocks a shorter windscreen..charged pretty much the same money and voila...and what do a lot of the street glide guys do?...here comes the touring seat and trunk. If I remember right Hot Rider seemed to like that EVO Ultra you guys checked out?
  5. JohnnyBiker

:roflmao: She liked how it rode and handled. Other than that she straight up said that she didn't care for the looks of it. she appreciated how well taken care of the bike was......just saying.
  6. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Thy are great for cold weather or rain
    Yer just too young man
    They come off super easy for summer
    If'n you had to buy a set of lowers new
    They are 800.00
  7. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

I like the comfort of the bike but it is a geezer bike. I like that the street glides are not so grandpaish!! I think with the wider back seat and a bigger back rest I would be fine. In a way on the grandpa bike I didn't like how I was so inclosed.
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

He don't get it CB. Its cheaper to strip it and put the lowered shocks on with a detachable tour pak kit then buy a Street Glide and add em in. But the deal is its his money so he will learn. Young guys always go for the look not practicality, we have all been there. If you don't do any of the add-on's that the SG has then you don't need all that stuff, but later on if you do then you better dig deep in those pockets.
    Its like this buy all that you can in the beginning, cheaper in the long run. Those lowers in the front can be easily taken off without any costs in the summer and in colder days put em on and enjoy.
  9. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

Riding in the rain and getting wet is great!!! :D
  10. JohnnyBiker

You just like being wet....:eek::D
  11. FLHTbiker

:roflmao:Typical young mind set:roflmao::D Those bikes are exactly the same bike but the SG is stripped down with shorter shocks already installed. Plenty of younger guys ride so called grandpa bikes and some do the tour pak quick release kit. But I think you better buy a Street Glide and get them out of your system. :)
  12. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

But I guess I look at it this way, when the time comes that we want all the extra stuff on the street glide then it will be time to trade it in for the geezer one. Probably as I get older I will want the geezer glide but I've got plenty of time to ride the street glide. Plus maybe I'll take that bike as mine and then we can get the geezer glide for touring.
  13. JohnnyBiker

:gah::gah: WHAT???????????? :gah::gah: you won't even ride a Sporty!!!:gah::gah:
  14. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

your best bet is to go to your dealer & price both the SG & classic with a open mind ,& see if it's better to just buy the Sg & add to it or buy the classic & strip it down & with the 1500 in acc's on either bike price the docking kit & tour pack(sg) or the short windshield & docking kit (classic) the crash bars just unbolt as do the bag rails , On the SG you loose the spot lights as well They do come in handy , you have a good eye so set both bikes close to each other & go from there & make your list & check on prices :D
  15. FLHTbiker

I know of plenty of women who ride a SG and handle them just fine. They sit lower than a Sporster and to me if the Sporster has forward controls its harder to control for a lot of women.
  16. JohnnyBiker

I see what you are saying about the spots, those would ne nice but I liked those lights that The Tourist was talking about awhile back. I would mount them on the front bottom frame rails...:D
  17. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

Thank you!!! This is what I've been saying!! I'm not afraid of the Sporty, just don't like the feel of how I'm set on it when riding. :D
  18. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

:rant::fight: I will get on a Harley yet!!!! What is comfortable for you may not be comfortable for me!!! :fight::gah::gah::gah:
  19. FLHTbiker

:roflmao: You two should get in the same room and just talk about it, :rolleyes:
  20. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

:roflmao: It doesn't even pay because JB is soo darn stubborn that he doesn't want to get it that I don't like how I sit on the Sporty! :gah:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.