1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Possible New Bike

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

And the U.S, had to borrow money from China cause we spend more than we take in so we are really owned by China .
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Well I'll be there, on a harley wearin' jeans and a black T shirt
    look for me on Beach, Main or Destination, Might even have a hat on
    and a cigar!
  3. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

hot rod you are the man brother you are the man !!!! white flag is flying:witsend:
  4. baggerpaul

well that covers about all of us that go there but before i head north from hollywood fl . ill pm ya and i am buying the first round of beers . :cool:
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

sure enough but ya better bring some Chinese Yuan or Euros with ya,
    or gold!

Dollars are no longer accepted here
  6. cardboard

7. baggerpaul

:roflmao:got my little gold bars to shave down dont know if rossmeyers place takes those.so we better go in and just try are good looks .
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

So you know that for sure just like there made in China statement. Most small electoic supplies come from overseas. But the unit is built here!!!
  9. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

meanwhile, I'm still looking at FXR's. The china stuff is a bit of an issue, like this computer i'm using has components made in China but where possible, if I see made in China on the tag, it does not come home and this includes any accesories for Harleys. Two Fords and a Mazda are the 4 wheeled transportation.
  10. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

So, it seems to be a joint effort - of course, that's why I've always had to funny stuff together on my build - Hardly anything went together like it was supposed to; everything was always a little off because I had to buy stuff from everywhere. Our global economy is really a dumbing down of standards so everyone can be on a so-called level playing field. Just like we are doing to our military, to our schools, to our culture (what's left of it).
  11. FLHTbiker

Bob, just about all the accessories you buy at a HD dealer are made in china. I don't like it any better than most everyone else and in one of the Harley surveys for HD I take every month that question was asked. Yep, I voiced my opinion about it. One question also about it was would you spend more for accessories if they were made in the USA, my answer was yes. Later on they sometimes reveal some of the answers that they asked and this one was displayed. A majority of those on the survey I remember said yes they would pay more.
  12. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I took that same survey and answered the same way.
  13. cardboard

At the prices HD gits for their bikes and the amount of profit they make, if they can't make it here without charging no more money the should just close their doors.
    How much is enough money for their bikes and accessories
    I'm paying Plenty for the Name HD now.

If you don't have folks showing you where you should be cuttin corners and I'm not talkin about makin the bikes any cheaper you shouldn't be in business.
    All HD is interested in is their Stock Holders and upper mgt folks.
    This is a Union made motorcycle.
    I have no place for the Union. Like they ain't gettin paid enough for their work.:gah:
  14. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Here we go on the stupid Union Debates!!!!!:gah::gah::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  15. cardboard

No debate just fact

Why should a person standing putting the same thing on a motorcycle make more than an electrician
    And have 2 times the benefits
  16. baggerpaul

and on that note ill chime in and you are correct they should not . as far as i know elctritians . hvac techs auto mechanics and so on . we have to get training for the changes that are made in our industry . and as shop owner that cost is past on to me and only me . but yet if i change my labor rate . every one bitches. if i would had stayed at the dealer and worked on one make and specilized in can data diagnosis . I would be making more money than i make as a shop owner. when i left the dealer i was flaging 47 to 51 hours a week at 17.dollars an hour if iwould have stayed there today as a senior line tech with a master they would have to pay me some were in the range of 27 - 30 bucks an hour. and thats with out a union . imagine if i was union .its legal extorsion. thats why they have to pay the big bucks.
  17. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

This forum at times should be called "Politics Talk" rather than "Bike Talk" I know I am guilty occasionally of talking politics or ranting about them but I have really been trying not to. If I do, I will at least create a separate thread to do so.!!!!!:rant::rant::rant:
  18. FLHTbiker

Yea right!:banghead:
  19. FLHTbiker

So if you feel that strongly about it then why didn't you buy a Honda Goldwing. :rolleyes:
  20. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Cause he would háve to lower it & they don't have as cool looking clothes to go with it :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.