1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Possible New Bike

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Ok, I give in I'll give up the baptist preaching but will CB. :D
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Yes I didn't look at that Eglide too close though as it was when HR and I were out riding and the guy forgot his gas key and he needed gas. He had to call his BIL all the way in the cities to bring him his key.. OOOPPPS. I got his name and number, soon I think that I will give him call to at least check it out.:D

BTW, thanks for the backup my southern brother. I hate telling people what they should be riding as well. You and I have talked enough for you to know that I like unique stuff, not cookie cutter stuff that everyone else has...:D

That is another reason why It probably won't happen with the 05 SE EG, the wife doesn't like the paint job....You see CB, I am thinking of what the wife wants.....:roflmao:
  3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I'm Threw tryin to helP
  4. FLHTbiker

Me to:rolleyes:
  5. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

When I buy a bike
    It's what I want
    I know more than her about bikes
    She knows that too and goes with my decision
  6. JohnnyBiker

I do appreciate it guys, but the Limited is just a bike that I will not buy....:rolleyes:
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

LMAO your right ,
    JB My brother still rides his 98 E Glide in fact he & others just got back from a cross county ride about 5-6 K miles , he had to cut out when his son got super sick & close to death :( his riding friends one has a 89 E glide & the other has a 09 SG , my brothers 98 was the only one who never had to find a shop / dealer for repairs , Not sure what repairs had to made to the 09 SG , the 89 evo ingition switch went out got it fixed in NY I think they said ( they left from new Mexico ) the 09 was fixed under warrenty took two days , all I know is he said it was in the engine
  8. FLHTbiker

Me to, I don't look at my bike as a quote "cookie cutter", cause I've personalized it to my tastes and no one around here has one like it. Kids always know better huh CB.
  9. JohnnyBiker

yeah I do know that the 98 had 19k on it. The guy didn't say what he wanted for it other than he didn't know what it was worth. Now this bike HR did like. I did sit on it and she said that I looked good on it. By that I mean that I looked comfortable. The bike did have some nice gold gauge bezels on it.... and it was either a dark blue metallic or a purple color....
  10. FLHTbiker

My friend Vern in AZ, is on his way up here for a month and he traded his 98 Ultra in on a 2011 Root beer limited and is very happy. Say's he can't believe the difference. But the older EVO if taken care of properly were a good bike, lacking in power if you left em stock though.
  11. JohnnyBiker

That is a good point, if you left them stock. I would have to say that this bike is in good condition just by looking at it. What do you think that bike is worth?
  12. FLHTbiker

What ever the buyer is willing to spend:D
  13. JohnnyBiker

14. FLHTbiker

15. JohnnyBiker

I don't have one as of yet. I was out riding with HR and didn't have my phone with. Nothing special about the bike, just a nice stock appearance bike. Would you agree with that pricing??
  16. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

The little over 7 k to a little over 8 k sounds about right & Flht is right it's worth what the buyer will pay . My brother put a top end cam in his , he can Cruz all day two up at 80 mph , his is the ultra classic so all the goddies for 98 & then some
  17. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

I don't think the Evo is really "underpowered" any more than a stock TC88 is,compared to a 103", yeah, it has 23 cubes less and there is no replacement for displacement, but an Andrews EV13, SE breather and a good set of slip ons and you'll be able to pass a truck with no problem and break any posted speed limit(which could be done in stock form too)
    With an Evo bagger you'll have a very reliable bike with no tensioners or sensors to worry about(Except for the Hall Effect ignition pick up)or silly putty crankshafts and won't roast yer nuts....doesn't take much to give an Evo a real boost in torque and you can "tour" at 80-90MPH all day if you want.
  18. FLHTbiker

Were not talking about cams but stock. My friend on his stock 98 except for pipes and myself on my stock 06 Ultra (TC88) except pipes went camping. We both had the same tent trailer Les-Sur-Lite and he could hardly get up the MT passes and I would always have to slow down so he could catch up. The weight of both trailers packed were about the same. The TC motor including the 88 is way and beyond the EVO for stock power.
  19. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

I would say the difference in that situation was with the rider(no offense intended to your bud).There is only 4 ft-lbs difference in torque. @ 3500RPM stock TC touring bike torque is 86 ft-lbs and stock Evo softail @3600 RPM is 82 ft-lbs....Due to the different exhaust systems on Softail & Touring Evo's the Touring models output was a couple of ponies and torque more, so a Touring Evo would be even a little closer and it's torque that takes you up the hill. Altho 8 cubes less than a TC the Evo heads breathe better than stock TC heads(99-05)
  20. FLHTbiker

He is a very seasoned rider not a passive rider at all. His bike could not keep up with me at all. Yea he jumped from an EVO to a 103 and has the biggest smile you could imagine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.