1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Possible New Bike

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Johnny, a new '11 FLHX is selling for less than $19K here.....dealer has 5 on the floor (his best seller by far).
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

But he like the paint on the 05 plus it was owned by some foot ball players wife. :rolleyes:
  3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Don't know where you git yer information, but there is nothin wrong with the new tensioners. And the bike has a better Oil pump than the models before 07.

YOu want to talk about puttin a cam in a EVO. and compare it to a stock 103.
    Well lets take the 103 and puttin a Woods 555 in it and a TM
    Stock the 103 on the limited is puttin like 103tq at 3500 rpms.:cussing:
  4. FLHTbiker

Yep, :D
  5. cardboard

Why does everybody keep trying to do modifications to a older bike and run it against a STock new bike. Why.

Do less to a new bike and they will put out a heck of a lot of power. run smoother, last longer and git better things on them.
    But folks want to live with Older things that has more problems.
    Why would I want to give 20,000 for any 05 bike. its fixing ina couple weeks to be 7 yrs old, not to mention it came out in 04 and harleys didn't cost as much back then. So you can't compare it to a new SE Bike and the prices of the new SE bikes with the 110cu motor.
  6. FLHTbiker

Yep :D
  7. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Don't know where your getting yours either....I was referring to TC88's... not 96's or 103's... and the Torque Specs are from both Service Manuals... 03Touring and 97-90 Softail Manuals
    Where you getting that??? I said an EV13, breather and pipes and you'll have a stong running Evo bagger. Show me where I'm comparing an Evo with an EV13 to a 103' ??
    Read above... only thing I said about 103's is they have 23 more cubic inches and the is no replacement for displacement....

Don't know what your reading?? I belive JB was looking at an Evo bagger in the $7-8000 range
  8. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Ok, as of now I am going to go look at that 98 EVO EGlide tomorrow. Is there anything in particular that I should be looking for?
  9. JohnnyBiker

I know, the FLHX is a real popular bike. If I am able to buy brand new, and if I decided on a touring bike, the FLHX would be the bike.

By the way FLHT, Steve Hutchinson played for the Seattle Seahawks..
  10. cardboard

So yer gonna git Royalities off steve for buying his bike ?
    That in itself will make his bike worth more.
    The bike was sold in 04

I got a buddy with this same bike, same color.

YouTube - ‪2005 SCREAMING EAGLE ELECTRA GLIDE CVO‬‏
  11. JohnnyBiker

12. cardboard

Did you look at the 05 SE in the youtube clip. That's the bike I was talkin about.
  13. JohnnyBiker

Nothing there!!!
  14. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

JB here's my thinking, you have looked at a lot of bikes in the past 6 months when you find the one that is right for you you'll know it. Any bagger can be stripped down and lowered to look like a streetglide and if you get detachable hardware it can all be put back on in a few minutes. Probably the hardest thing is the radio antenna. EVO's are like the old 283, 327, 350 chevy motors lots of part available and they run forever if you take care of them. No pollution stuff on them either.
    Is the 98 eglide a carb or injected? We'll need pictures. (lots of them)
  15. cardboard

16. JohnnyBiker

This one has a carburetor. I am planning on taking a lot of pictures, it will be late tomorrow though when I have them. I have looked at a lot bikes, especially in the last year. I keep gravitating to the SG or believe it or not, a CrossBones.
  17. cardboard

Not a fan of the crossbones.
    Didn't HD discontinue that bike too.:fight:
  18. JohnnyBiker

I do believe that they did.
  19. FLHTbiker

My friend Vern is up here and they are staying with us for a while. I asked him how he like the new Limited to his 98 EVO Ultra. Answer was no comparison the Limited as he stated is the best bike HD has ever built. He was having to many problems with the 98 Ultra he said. Would never go back.
    If your looking at something to buy cheap, throw lots of money into building the motor and pump it up even more than the EVO is the right bike for you. For me its just like that Honda commercial, I wanna ride when I want to, don't want to be spending all my extra time working on it.
  20. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Didn't realize when TC's came out Evo's turned into unreliable junk....but I suppose if it isn't the latest and greatest it's no good.
    Glad your buddy likes his new bike...it would be quite a difference going from an Evo to a new modern bike with a lot more inches, new technology(computers,sensors, ABS, FBW and everything else an Evo doesn't have or need)

I'd be interested to know what the list of problems your bud had with his '98...was it carb or fuelie??How many miles on it??

:roflmao: kinda sums it up,the new Harley's are getting quite Honda like,except for the heat:cool:
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.