1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Power Commander with Auto Tune

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by Hdtractor1, Mar 14, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Well its like this. TM emailed everybody that was preregistered months ago lettin them know they had the TM A/T for the TBW bikes.
    And if you called them they was sellin the TM at Daytona Bike week.

And how are you gonna make changes to a bike with a PC and then take it off to carry the bike to the dealer. It ain't gonna run right.
    TBW has no cables. And there is nothin wrong with the TBW. I've had a bike with TBW since 07 when the 08's came out, got over 38,000 on it.

You can't run from Technology. If you can you might as well go back and ride a Panhead or shovel. Bet you will want to come back.

And I had the Thundermax and the Power Commander on bikes took them to dealers and they all honored my warranty, and I mean more than one dealer.
    since 06 I've had 3 new bikes. And I started riding in 64.

Don't let the dealer scare you with VOID yer warranty. Ask would you like to say that to my lawyer. There is a Mag Moss Act.

And there is NO MOTORCYCLE THAT IS BULLET PROOF.
    Anything mechanical can break down, there are NO GUARANTEES in life.

Find what you want to ride and git on it and ride.
    I like TBW better and fuel injected bikes.
    What I don't like is EPA.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yep your warranty is not void because you put on A PC3 or Tmax unless the manufacturer can prove that the part you added caused the damage.

Say the trans takes a dump, a powercommander could not cause that,
  3. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

Well I had 4 new Harleys since 2005 and rode since 1966....owned many other bikes as well..... have even raced a few bikes in my time never ask about TM and don't really care about TM when the thread started .....

Its easy to take any bike back....just put the stock air box and filter back on and take the P.C. or V&H fuel pack off and the bike will run just fine with true duels stock if you want to trade it etc...

Thanks for TBW explanation but I know what TBW is. Just to add another note TM had not a auto tune unit for TBW since 2007 until this year filling us all full of BS one would be out any day!!!!

Last but least....if you have any problem at all with your motor that can be connected to the tune and timing the Motor Co. will turn your warrenty service down and charge you for it legally.....

Not running from Technology it has nothing to do with this thread in fact the new Bikes last 10 years are really nice so is the TBW. Have no desire to go back in bikes!!!

The statement "would you like to say that to my Lawyer" is said in the business world today by people every time they have even the smallest issue. It don't scrae any business person one bit...I have ran a business for over 30 plus years....Soon as you use the lawyer statement most places are going to do only what they have to and nothing they could do to solve your issue.
  4. hotroadking

Point also, dealers are not the warranty provider, the manufacturer is the one that warrants the bike, your dealer cannot void any warranty.

Now they could refuse to do the work under warranty but a call to HD Customer Service by you will get HD involved and you can request a zone rep to review the case, so no a dealer cannot void the warranty

Per the statement if you have piston or timing problems and you have a powercommander again by Federal Law the MANUFACTURER must PROVE
    the aftermarket part caused the failure. They cannot simply say "oh you have a whatzit on the bike" your warranty is void.

If you have a dealer doing that, simply look for another to work with

I agree on the attorney statement don't say it, just do it...
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I have those words said to me with regards to 'Voids Warranty" in me search for that next bike. In my case it was inquiring about putting a trailer hitch on the bike.

I just called HD, in Milwaukee, digging up information on a different bike, and one of there prompts was about Warranty inquiries.

As far as my experience goes, I have not purchased a bike from that particular salesman that told me that the warranty would be void if I put I put a hitch on it, in fact, he is not selling bikes anymore.
  6. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

All good points!!!....But it seems we are stuck with the dealers and what they say to the Company has much sway so to speak...our dealer here is a good one,but the one before where the two new bikes came from was a real humdinger!!!!LOL

The sales guys can be a real treat or an ^%$ so very true!!!
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Every dealer is different and I have learned that the management of the dealer has a lot to do with it. Like cardboard I like the TBW and have had no problem with it nor have I heard of anyone around here having an issue with it.
    I have the race tuner on mine, works fine, runs fine, good gas mileage no problems with it and I don't really want to mess with it nor do I need to. I made sure the pipes I wanted I installed before the race tuner was installed and the SE air cleaner.
    Our dealer installs the PC on bikes all the time if that's what a customer wants and their is no problem with warranties.
  8. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

I like the tbw on last two bikes I have had....and no problems at all....TM was having problems with it for there tuner since 2007 to 2010...about 3 years...but I don't like the idea of changing the ecm to a TM ecm.....I do like the idea of original ECM (and if it would go out on you you could get from dealer fast)....and I like the idea of auto tune so you don't have to mess with it too.....trying to find some one that has the P.C Auto tune to see if it worked for them.I have a V&H fuel pack that pops cracks ...but seems to run ok...but not as good as it could...

9. gamb

gamb New Member

i gave my opinion in post three! have used sert, pc,tm,and pc with auto tune. i choose pc w/auto tune. support from jamie at fuelmoto has a lot to do with my opinion!never got the support from anyone like i have from fuelmoto.
  10. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

Yes Sir and thanks. Do you seem to still have the "Pops" and "Crackles' when you let off the throttle? Does the bike have a smooth respose?
  11. cardboard

HotRoadKing, I'm supprised that narrow band sensors can let the computer learn very much.

And you know anytime you take apart connector plugs its very good to use dialetic grease in them to keep water and moisture out.

And does the Tm not tune the bike better than the Power Commander and last longer and have a better warranty.
    Plus make the bike git better fuel milage.
  12. JohnnyBiker

Are we still discussing the power commander??? :banghead:
  13. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. cardboard

TM is Thundermax and Power Commander is the Power Commander.
    Personally I've had both. And I think the Thundermax is unlimited in what it does and does more and does it better with a better warranty than the Power Commander.
    On the New 2010 bikes, you can use the PCV to raise the rev limiter. But the tach will not go over 5000.
    Its a glitch built into the software of the factory ECM.
    Put the Thundermax on and the problem is gone.
    The Thundermax learns faster than the PCV too.
    Not to mention makin it run stronger.
  15. hotroadking

The new Powercommander Power Vision is coming out very soon , it is very interesting and you can get the Auto Tune with wide band sensors when doing the auto tune.

I like the bar mounted screen it will allow you to drive and tune easier..

Dynojet Power Vision

The problem with the narrow band is you can only get data within a specific range.
  16. cardboard

Got the Power Commander Five now and it does have the auto tune modules.
    It just ain't a Thundermax or learn as fast or good as a Thundermas.
    The Thundermax unit replaces the factory unit and gits rid of the problems with the tach if you want to raise the rev limiter.
  17. JohnnyBiker

I do not care about the tm or the powercommander. :rolleyes:
  18. cardboard

You must have a carb bike.
    They are obsolute.........:rolleyes:
  19. JohnnyBiker

Yep, they are the OBSOLUTE best!
  20. cardboard