1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Power Vision

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by cardboard, Jun 15, 2014.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Got a Power Vision friday and put it in the bike. It had a preloaded map for the 107 motor I have.

Went to riding the bike. When I got to like twist the throttle in 3-6 gear. from 2000 -3000 rpm, It pops, and missed so bad it will bearly run.
    Got both new 12mm lambda sensors too.
    Bike seems to be putting a lot of heat off.
    Trying to get another map. But don't know how long that will take. Getting kinda scared to run the present map that is in the bike.

If I'm in 6th gear and running about 2200 rpm and twist the throttle hard, it starts missing so bad its like its gonna die till I get like to a little over 3000 rpm.
    Has nowhere the power it had with the Thunder-Max.

Wished we had somebody here that knew how to tune one.
    Heard of a few folks tuning it with the VE tables.
    I know nothing about how to do that.
  2. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

why did you change up? did you get it from fuel moto. did ya call jamie
  3. cardboard

Yep I got it from Fuelmoto.

You have to go online and ask for another map. Don't understand why he don't let you have a list to his maps.

Got a few friends that has had the Thunder-Max to somehow go out. And they couldn't get their bike home. One buddy that is in the military down the street , send in a request and sent his back. They said a Diode went out .
    Repaired it and he left Washington DC where he will be for the last 2 yrs., and was headed to Florida. The Thunder-Max went out on the way to Florida.

My Stock ECM had a download for a 103 motor. It ran like crap.
    I had to put the Thunder-Max in it to make it run right.

I wanted to have a backup way that if my TM failed me. I could get my bike back on the road. Especially if I was out of town.
    This is my 2nd Thunder-Max and I've never had a problem.

Can say when I look at the Power Vision tuning system. I am totally lose.

Like how you can from the display, raise the idle. and make a lot of changes from the display without having to hook it up to a computer.

Just so happens Dynojet don't have a map for my 107.
    And they send you to S&S cycles. But S&S cycles don't seem to have a map either.
    Didn't know S&S had anything to do with the Power Vision.

http://www.sscycle.com/tune-files/power-vision/

4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

S&Smakes a 106 a map for that with similar cams and pipes should be close it's only 1cc difference.
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

So your Thunder Max failed?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  6. cardboard

No It did not .
    I wanted a backup tuner just in case.
    If you read my post. My Stock ECM had a factory download for High Flow air kit and pipes for a 103 motor.

I have a 107 motor. So if by some chance that my TM did fail I would have a tuner I could put in the place of it and make it home.
    Do you leave home without a spare tire in yer vehicle ?
  7. cardboard

I looked the 106 with 551 cams and it wouldn't let me download it for some reason.
  8. JohnnyBiker

But why the concern all of a sudden of a Thunder Max failing?

9. cardboard

Buddy down the street who is a Civilian in the military and got transferred to Washington.
    His went out. He was stranded. Got it fixed and it happened again a month later.
    Know a couple other people who has had the same thing to happen.

And answer me this..
    Why do you keep spending money on yer Harley. Why not let it sit in the bank and draw 1% interest. And stay at home in yer spare time and help Mama clean the house.
    I got NOTHING TO DO. I'm retired. All I do is sit in the house.
    I want to learn a new Tuner.
  10. JohnnyBiker

:D:D
    Cool. No problems here with you doing this. Hope it works out.

11. cardboard

Just gotta get a map so it will run right.
  12. baggerpaul

Go to main menu enable auto tune build a map and it will go through the tje v tune mode as you ride it it will hit tje cells needed in the map .tjen you will reloaded tje modified map into the ecm via reflash.you have to enable this feature.
  13. cardboard

Did that in the basic mode

How well is that gonna work with 12 mm narrow band lambda sensors
    I didn't git the auto tune kit
  14. baggerpaul

your gonna see the cells it was able to hit as they turn green . its not going to hit any of the cells if the lambda value goes below the bias voltage set in the map . your only going to be able to tune on the street the closed loop area of the map . do you have a dyno man that knows the vision local .
  15. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

So do you just ride normally as it learns, or a few minutes at 2000, and a few at 3000, etc,and vary the load with some hard pulls between RPM changes?
  16. baggerpaul

Its a load based map vs rpm vs tp with 02 sesor confirmation. So what ever it takes to hit that cell at that point in time .then the tunner will confirm it hit the cell.
  17. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

So it has some level of adaptive strategy along with a pre-programmed fuel map? Does it show up on a display as it learns or is it all "in the brain"? If cardboard didn't spring for the auto-tune kit does it still do this or does he have to input all his own data throughout the RPM range? Sorry for stupid questions, never worked with this stuff before.
  18. baggerpaul

ok here it goes and p.s. there is never a stupid question . there is actually no such thing as auto tune . its a comanded value ! if i tell the tunner i want 13,8 air fuel ratio it uses the o2 or wide band sesor to confirm what i told the tunner i wanted . weather its a thunder max sert power vision or tts . you must build that map for that motor . the wide band set up just helps you get it there faster because the hole range is in closed loop (wide band reading) its a longer harder procedure with the narrow band sensor because it only able to adjust for a narrow range (narrow band reading ) narrow band sensors are made to keep the exhaust as close to stioch as possible 14.7.1 or as we call it now lamda 1. so ther is no fuel control during the open loop section you must tell it what you want it to do . and confirm it with a wide band sniffer . and countinue to shift the ve table till that section has reached the value you want .in the air fuel table . so you must start with a map that is close to what you have or you will be tunning for at least 8 hours min.
  19. baggerpaul

see even with a thunder max . they built those maps for diffrent set ups what happens is they are close to start with . fire it up run it and they fuel trim offsets start to be counted . then as you run it it makes small adjustments to see if its getting you there . come home shut it off hook up the lap top look at the fuel adjustments dump the modified map in and it has learnd those values . for that map and it is written on to the prom of the ecm
  20. cardboard

Gonna get them to send a different map. Its suppose to be coming now.
    Problem is, its pouring down rain.