1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Power Vision

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by cardboard, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Ok, this starts to make more sense when you guys talk ECM mapping as related to mods already done to bike. You can purchase downloadable maps based on similar builds to yours, then tune to perfection to allow for minor differences in head work or cam lift/lobe profile. I guess I'll have to do some studying to keep up!:)
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Got another map for the setup of the bike.
    It does the same thing.
  3. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

You sure the 02 sensor wires aint crossed front to rear rear to front and did ya check for any codes ?
  4. baggerpaul

If they are ok try a totaly diffrent map thats in the power vission library just for shits and giggles cardboard aint goona hurt a thing find a stage 4 103 and sump it in see what you got you can always redump the base orginal map back in .or just bump all the ve table in the 30 40 kpa area from 2 to 4 thousand rpm 5 % see what it does
  5. cardboard

I have Fuelmoto 2in1in2 jackpot stainless header pipes.
    Even called fuelmoto to ask which color wire went in which hole.
    They said the Black goes in the top hole. The white goes in the bottom hole.

When I changed it the other way it was throwing codes.
    Now its not throwing codes with it wired like Fuelmoto said.

Got brand new 02 sensors in the bike. And new doughnut gaskets.
    He said you may have to take it to a power commander dyno center.
    Never, never had to do that with the Thunder-Max.

And I put the TM back on the bike. It screams.
    When I wind up 1st and snap 2nd it feels like the front wheel comes up.

I would like to get this Power Vision figured out oh.
    Cost a lot of money.

David,

The 'top' sensor bung follows through to the rear cylinder head, and if you follow the cable should connect to the black connector. The grey is for the 'bottom', or front cylinder head.

--
    Thank you.........

Fuel Moto
    2215 Kelbe Dr
    Little Chute, WI 54140
    Sales/Tech 920-423-3309
    Specializing in EFI tuning and Exhaust components
    Fuel Moto websites: www.fuelmotousa.com www.jackpotmufflers.com
    [​IMG]
  6. Roadster guy

Watched a few videos on these tuner things, neat. Did you view your trim tables after your rides to see how lean you may be at the 2000-3000 area? I only say lean as you said it may be running hotter you think. Maybe your set enrichment/enleanment limit in the settings needs to be bumped up a bit until you get it dialed in. I need to get retired so I can play with this stuff. Looks cool. If you go back to your Thunder Max tuner I guess the problem goes away? Not a loss of fuel pressure?
  7. cardboard

Oh dude , I wished I knew something about Trim tables. And what to do with them.
    Fuelmoto said something about the trim tables.
    I'm lost there. This is the 1st Power Vision I have ever worked with.
    Totally different than anything I know.
    I'm kinda in a bind on this.
  8. Roadster guy

On the link you posted there were several others for similar products, one from Dynojet concerned a zx10 that had a tuner. It may help shed some light on things for you. I'm used to Long and Short fuel trims, but this is the same idea. Basically let's say you desired an air fuel ratio of 13.4 at a certain % of throttle opening, RPM, and % load, the trim table will tell you if the tuner is adding+ or taking away- fuel to achieve this. The more spikes in numbers and highs and lows you can blend out with the tuner selections, the smoother the bike will run and the more power you will make. BP, jump in here any time to clean up my B.S. This is why clean, uncorrupted O2 sensors are best, they respond quicker to changes in the air/fuel ratio. And when you get to your crusing speeds/load/RPMs, you can tune closer to 14.7/1.
  9. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

My Harley Tuner sure does work good. :)
  10. baggerpaul

I would load the map he sent you enable auto tune on his map let the power vision look at the tables and analize the map and reload the new ve table rename tjat table cardboards map that way you know its the modified table. Tjen see how it runs it will shift the ve table for you .if they hit 127.5 that is max out your going to have to shit the ci displacement on the map a few ci
  11. Roadster guy

If you enable the AutoTune feature, is there a distance to drive or learn time for it to set up? Would it get progressively smoother with use on its own or do you have to tweak it after it loads the cells?
    baggerpaul likes this.
  12. baggerpaul

You got it bro its a delphi pcm we have been wrenching with these things since the 80 man .positive and neg fuel trims is what its looking at its speed density.period .now tjere getting fancy and useing lamda values .if they just put a mass air on the t body it would not care what cam and heads we put on .if he looked at the o2 voltages while rolling on the throttle and watch them go low and the fuel trims went positive he can confirm in that area he would have to add fuel. If they went neg and the o2 were above 950 we know he is fat. You have a nice tool and tunner.there dont give up cardboard. Its just takes time you no how many pistons I put holes in the turbo ls3 I build before I learnerd how to tune them good thing they were mine ! Lots of learning money was burnt up
  13. baggerpaul

You can watch it hit the cells live on the screen as you ride its a fast pcm and tunner. It will show all the cells it hit then just reload it with the modified cells it takes maybe twent seconds to reflash super easy
  14. cardboard

If I had of wanted a Harley tuner I would of gotten one.
    I've had harley tuners.
    Can you change yer idle from a display on the bike ?
  15. cardboard

Don't exactly know how to go in and look at the fuel trims.
  16. cardboard

I have auto tune on. Its only the basic one from the lambda sensors.
    Ain't done nothing yet.
    Put the Thunder-Max back in this afternoon.
    The bike screamed.
  17. Roadster guy

I really get how tunable the newer stuff is over the old change a jet way of the past, but sometimes it seems too smart for its own good. Now you need an engineering degree, laptops, and a dyno to stay ahead of your neighbour!
  18. Roadster guy

You have it wired in so the memory is not lost when the key is off? I wonder if that is why every time you try it it seems like a fresh start. Just a thought..
    But then your other tuner is good, so that likely isn't it, and that means your fuel pressure is likely good too...
    I wonder how much a fuel injection conversion on the Sportster would be...
  19. cardboard

I'm getting older and now understanding stuff like I used to.
    Forgit a lot too.
  20. baggerpaul

what has me a little confused is that maybe you are skiping a step some were in the loading of the map and ill explain why .these parts you got for your motor is a kit from jamie his pistons the cams he sells from bobby woods his heads his pipes and his tunner with his map and he is really good with building maps is it possible something is not getting loaded correct . and is the firware updated from the disc before you married it to the bike. im the first one to say i over look shit sometimes