1. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Power Vision

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Jun 13, 2020.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Well It sounds like all is doing ok after this whole Scamdemic thing, which is awesome. I'm getting ready to do my first Auto Tune session with my wife's bike. No mods on the engine but I just want the bike to run optimal. I did have to check on some things that required to set some gauges so I can get some Real Time data to either confirm or deny what it is that I thought was going on.

About a week ago I was out riding her bike and it was particularly hot out. Her bike just felt extra sluggish since it is a stock bike at this point. I pulled the plugs and I wasn't impressed with what I saw. Now the Old JohnnyBiker would have just started changing stuff and really take the time to actually diagnose it. Not this time. This time I used the tool that I invested in to assist and it did it perfectly. I created some gauges within the PV so I can plug the PV into the bike, mount the screen on the handlebars and look at LIVE DATA as I am riding. MY thought was that her bike was running lean. I thought maybe the feul pump or the fuel filter may the issue or perhaps the PV itself wasn't hooked up correctly. To my pleasant surprise, when I went to check for codes, nothing was tripped. I decided then that I want to see what the AFR is doing, created some AFR gauges and then went for a ride, and was happy. Well, sort of......