1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Price or Pride?

Discussion in 'The Polling place' started by kenfuzed, Jul 10, 2009.

?

Price or Pride, would you pay $1 more for American made carburetor jets?

1. Yes, I would pay an extra $1 for American made

47 vote(s)
    94.0%
  2. No I wouldn't, if it works for the factory it works for me

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

I will be ordering some for sure. And the billet chocke bracket? ..ya gotta pic. I left/put the horn back and everything on this bike in stock loc. When ya move the horn ya got that god awful bracket looking at ya then I moved the enrichner knob and was gonna cut the bracket. Then all you'd see is the dirty backside of my intake. LOL till I got a chrome one ...So I put it all back on this one.
    O2 wide glide

Later:cool:
    Voo1
  2. Danceswithempties

Danceswithempties New Member

I would buy American or Canadian in a heart beat. Problem is that so many of our "American" / "Canadian" made day to day products have gone off shore & shroud themselves in either flag...Harley accessories is just a minor culprit in this problem.
    Using this logic, I guess, if I can afford it when the time comes I'll have to put my money where my mouth is & buy a big bore Merch engine for my next project. If that day ever comes.
  3. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

Hadn't looked in on this thread until now, but I'd certainly pay more for a quality made in the U.S.A. product & often have. Yeah, CV carb bikes will be around for a long time, some of us don't want EFI & if you make the jets, I have no doubt there will be buyers - most likely including me. Don't need any @ present, but there's always that next project.
  4. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

FINALLY!!!

The new CVP jets are finally finished!
    [PAGE="http://bike-talk.com/forum/cvp-stage-1-tuners-kit/9946-cvp-american-made-jets.html#post62930"]CVP American Made jets[/PAGE]
  5. taterhead

taterhead New Member

hey ken, was it here that i saw some type of manual carb tuner in a thread or as an advertisement? does this sound familar ? i was talking to someone about it and couldn't remember where i saw it. thanks taterhead
  6. Bagman

Bagman New Member

American made any day. God bless the red, white & blue.
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

yes....check here.....

Stage 1 Carb Tuner Kit
  8. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Looks like Ken has some deals going right now too.
  9. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Got to change my vote- After readin on this a little farther, I realized that the factory don't always hold to the specs that the parts call for.
    SO - I'm saying that American made (with pride) and the best craftsman in the world would be my vote.
  10. taterhead

taterhead New Member

ken,sorry i spaced out on what was being talked about! i own a ford,chevy , pontiac and 2 harleys. but buying anything else american made has become quite a challenge these days! but as far as supporting an american owned small bus. i try to do it anytime i can since that is what i am.[illeagals need not apply] as soon as i get my bike rolling again i would definately be interested in anything made here locally even if it does cost alittle more!
  11. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

I'll pay the extra for the american product, couldn't tell ya about the jets because when I got mine done it was because of trash in them and the shop just put the bigger ones in for me. never went back to them, when I got the bike back it the adjuster screw was out about 4 turns. but I buy alot of local stuff and try to support our jobs as I'm one of those fabricators. but can't see paying 500 to 1000 for 4 feet of bent chromed up tube for pipes.
  12. kenfuzed

In a couple of days I am off to the V-Twin Expo in Cincinnati, the only vendor trade show specifically for the V-Twin industry. I will have my new jets and other parts that I've been manufacturing and hope to get a feel for how dealers, shops, and other manufactures feel about this topic. I've encountered many shops that talk the talk about buying local or American products, but then I look behind them and hanging on the wall they are selling products from "V-Twin Mfg" (orange and black shrink-wrapped, can't miss them) known for selling outsourced or stolen foreign parts.

It will be interesting to see how many in attendance take that same low road.
  13. chucktx

have fun and stay safe.....good luck at the show..and as always, if ya can snap a few pics!!
  14. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yea have fun and like Chuck pics are always easy to take and upload especially of any new items.
  15. chucktx

or "show queens"!!!!!!!
  16. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yea, good looking scantly clad girls are always great to view. Hope Abby isn't reading this. :D
  17. kenfuzed

Yeah my wife will be helping me out this trip so I'll send her out to take the scanty-pics. And when she gives me that "look" I'll just say they are for Chuck :D
  18. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

And she will say it figures!

Haven't seen my V-ductor yet, I hope it will be wed or thur that would be about 10 business days. Even snail mail can't take longer than that LOL:rant:
  19. chucktx

i got big ol' shoulders.....i can handle it!!:) dont forget, i get to put up with cardboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
  20. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

ken good luck at the show & you can tell the little woman it for all of us old timers :roflmao: