1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Progressive Monotubes

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Fatboy128, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Lugnut

Lugnut Active Member

The instruct for the 2000 softail mono specified 10 wt. I have a 99FXST with a 2000 Fatboy front end. I went with Amsoil 5wt because (imo)of superior lubricity, fluidity & winter riding more then most folk.
    Sorry, I could not attach link for the Pro site for instructions but by all means stick with per instructions,there no harm in that. I just have this "extended" faith in Amsoil developed thruout the years to do amazing stuff (or prevent amazing stuff from happening:wtf:) Either way, the mono's are going to serve you well.
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I was a Amsoil dealer for 11 yrs. Tried it in a couple of my bikes. Made the bike sound like it was hammering itself.
    Wound up putting Mobile 1 in it.

Know there is a fire out there with Amsoil.
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

My 2005 Fatboy monotubes said 20. Strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

5. Lugnut

Lugnut Active Member

Amsoil is still using group 4 base,right? That's sorta the keystone of why I use Amsoil.