1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Quieter Exhaust & Performance?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by twoshawn, Feb 7, 2011.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i am locked and loaded!!:D
  2. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

me too...:roflmao:
  3. RoadKingBlack2010

RoadKingBlack2010 New Member

Bought my Road King this last summer. Pipes stock were so quiet I couldn't even hear it. Went with american custom exhaust and love them. Its not to loud but still gives you good performance. They have sound bites on there website also. American Custom | harley exhaust | custom exhaust | custom harley exhaust | custom harley parts | harley exhaust pipes | harley pipes | harley mufflers | harley davidson pipes | exhaust for harley | harley sportster exhaust | harley softail exhaust |)
  4. fxdxriderleo

fxdxriderleo Active Member

I found one way to quiet my bike, and it was free. Try not to twist the throttle so hard. Makes the bike surprizingly quieter.
  5. HellBoy

HellBoy New Member

The Vance & Hines Big Shots allow for a "quiet" baffle for an extra $30. It's still plenty loud, but seems to dial it back just enough to stay under the radar and not annoy folks. My friend actually found the performance improved with the quiet baffles, mine stayed the same. Oh, you'll probably see a performance improvement for your money.
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Hey Hellboy, I just did a home inspection yesterday for a guy and his wife, they just moved from Stanton Island.
  7. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Did this to the mufflers on my '09 Heritage and you're right - the sound is not htat much different until you dump the throttle then you get more bump up in sound. Performance was essentially the same. I atarted with a step drill then kept going up in size till the side of the bit was rubbing the baffle.
  8. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Welcome back Art and Hi from the other side of Sam's Gap, across I-26 into Tenn. Man, sounds like you been through it. Glad to hear you're on the mend. Take her easy, get in shape, Spring's on the way and riding time is near!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  9. HellBoy

HellBoy New Member

Art, so glad you're getting better. Small world, eh FLHT?
  10. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yep,:)