1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Race tuner With Thundermax

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by more power, Jun 18, 2010.

1. more power

more power New Member

I got me this a 06 road glide that has a race tuner on it. If I put a thundermax on it would I be able to use my race tuner or would I have to purches a powercomander (or whatever). With all the gas additives we deal with I went with lower compression (10-1) because of fuel injection and ping ping ping = ouch ouch ouch. Would this solve all my dyno problems. Maybe I should just ride the *#^!** thing and get over it instead of opening up this can of worms.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

If you put a thundermax the race tuner is gone, as is the stock ECU the Thundermax is a complete replacement system...

You have to get the Tmax with the auto tune option to cut out the dyno guy,
    and it's not always spot on. Even though the Tmax tunes all it tunes is VE and AFR, it doesn't change timing. You manually have to do that, so it still could benefit from a Dyno tune.

However you would not use a powercommander and/or Race Tuner in conjunction with the thundermax

Get either a powercommander, download a map and get it tuned to the bike
    or a Thundermax.
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

My 09 Ultra has a Race Tuner on it and was dyno tuned and runs just fine. I'm not into playing with it I just ride it like I stole it.
  4. more power

more power New Member

Thanks all. Why should I complicate life more than I have to.
  5. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

HotRodking said it well. If you put the Thundermax on you don't need a Sert or a Power Commander.

Not gonna say they have one close to you. But Thundermax does have people that dyno tune the Thundermax and can set the timing right if its off any.
    You will have to call Thundermax and talk to Pat or Pete to find where some of these dyno tuners might be.
    I've had a Big Shot, Screaming Race tuner, a Power Commander, Thundermax and something else. And my buddy had a TTS mastertune on his 110cu.

I like the Thundermax over all the others. Power Commander V would be second choice.
    But a tuner that is in yer area that is familar with a program is the one to look at.
  6. Johnclave

Johnclave New Member

thanks for the info about the race tuner I'm looking in to putting cams and a race tuner on my 06

--------------------------------------------
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011