1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rapping noise and Stalling

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Lucifer, May 21, 2012.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Tought when they worked on yer knees cowboy it was suppose to be better.:rant:
  2. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Good luck with the cop bike from hell. Just seems like it's the little aggravating things to iron out now. Hope you're riding trouble free soon!
  3. eieio4tn

eieio4tn Active Member

yeah, hurry...what ya got, three or four more weeks of riding weather ??
  4. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

lol... got a little longer than that....but it could end at any time:gah:missed a good 3 months though:angry:
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Get that bugger on the road!!!:D
  6. cardboard

We're waitin for it to git off 100 to ride here
  7. Lucifer

Should be done tonight:)...Commander II's are mounted and on...crank sensor was one long run and the plug is behind the electrical bracket...little fishing to run it and had to remove bracket,just a matter now of running the wire up to the front block and installing the sensor...let's see what happens...gonna leave the rear caliper alone for now,it's freed up and not dragging it'll have to be replaced when the pads wear out,because the pad pins were stripped when I changed pads 2 yrs ago,managed to get the pins in and tightened but they won't back out,so hopefully I can deal with that later,unless it starts dragging again....Don't know how many times I said this but I think we're finally done...

BTW I would not recommend anyone polish the inside of their engine with a rag,unless you really want to get to know every nook and cranny and passage in it. LOL

:eek:I'd melt in that kinda heat
  8. eieio4tn

eieio4tn Active Member

awwww...we're talkin' farenheit luci, it's not that bad. besides, your ciggs lite themselves.
  9. Lucifer

LOL I know he was talking Fahrenheit... 100*C=212*F .... 100*C everyone would melt:roflmao:

Test run last night...bike starts quicker and is running smooth...pretty foggy last night so I never got past 4th gear,acceleration was smooth and strong,rear brake was dragging a bit ,but freed itself after a few miles...try a run to work this morning,lets hope I make it all the way this time:roflmao:
  10. cardboard

Great
  11. Lucifer

Well, I think we can safely say FIXED:D Bike is performing as I expected it would with this combo...95" big bore,SE flat tops,'06 casting heads,.030 HG,Andrews TW21 cam,Supertrapp SE slip ons with Mikuni PAT baffle and Fuel Moto tuner with map from them for the build...
    JB I did a couple of roll ons today from 60MPH in 5th...it pulls pretty hard and hits 90MPH pretty quick, a little twist of the grip and the line of cars were behind me... another going up a steep hill,big rig and 3 cars were like they were standing still:rocket_bike:
    Gonna do a compression test on it once I get some more miles on...should be in the 185 psi range according to Big Boyz calculator...we'll see what it is...
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  12. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Party!!!!!!:rocket_bike:
  13. cardboard

Congrats on yer build
    Hope you got the bugs out.
    Take it easy till you break her in.
  14. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

Glad to hear things finally goin as planned Lucifer, good luck:D
  15. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

How are the tires??
  16. Lucifer

Round:roflmao:Not really enough miles or hard cornering to give you a review JB,but they seem to hold the road well,but what new tire doesn't...no tire noise I could here,but there is a bit of a bark with the Mikuni baffle....gotta go a little easy on new tires for a bit,the roll ons were on straight stretches....there are 2 overpasses I go over every day that are in a curve,the bike held its line very well going over the expansion joints @70 MPH...supposed to have some rain the next few days so I may be able to tell you how they handle in the rain:cool: