1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rebuild is done, Time to ride!

Discussion in 'Projects' started by RaKs toy shop, Jun 21, 2010.

1. RaKs toy shop

RaKs toy shop Active Member

Well, the Doc’s and the Wife finally let me rebuild my ride. The neurosurgeon said 20lb limit on lifting but with my wife’s help it wasn’t a big deal just a lot of bent parts replaced with straight ones.

Attached Files:

2. RaKs toy shop

Here's pics are after my first ride of about 50 miles and everything seemed to be right. Only short rides for now, it hurts my foot to shift and the back is still a little weak. It’s a start and it’s a lot better than starring at the ceiling!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

That is an OUTSTANDING JOB! that bike looks amazing! GREAT JOB! I do need to ask what happened? I love your shirt, where did you get it?
  4. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Rak - glad to see ya back up and ridin! - Bike looks good - but I have a thought that maybe a lower set of bars may ease some of the discomfort you were talkin about with yer back. Just a thought!
    Anyway enjoy ridin and Ride safe.:)
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

looks good, nothing is better looking
    than a softail with a set of apes...
  6. RaKs toy shop

Thank You, glad you like the bike. As for what happened. On March 28, 2010 a car pulled off a side road in front of me. Hit them and broke my back and five bones in my left foot. The shirt came off Ebay.

New! BIKER SAFETY SHIRT! LONG SLEEVE T-SHIRT ( M - 3XL - eBay (item 310165816538 end time Jun-28-10 18:06:01 PDT)

NEW! BIKER BADD SAFETY SHIRT! SLEEVELESS DENIM - eBay (item 260465921524 end time Jul-17-10 07:45:24 PDT)
  7. Mad Greek 54

Mad Greek 54 New Member

Rak, glad you are ok and ride again.Have you think about a kidney belt to comfort your back while you ride and absorb the vibs?
  8. RaKs toy shop

Thanks for your advice. I know that a lot of riders have back problems and learn to adapt so they can ride. The pain is my foot from lifting the shifter (it doesn't like to lift yet even with it's new steel hardware), fortunately my back did not hurt it’s just a little weak from wearing a full support back brace for 9 weeks. The molded brace is like a removable upper body cast that doesn’t require your muscles to do anything and I’ve only had it off for a little over two weeks. The 14” handle bars look taller than they are. The tops of the mirrors are below the top of my shoulder. Everyone has a different perspective on a “Short Ride” mine is a ride under 200 miles or so.
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like it's time for a Tank Shifter LOL
  10. JohnnyBiker

I like that shirt, I think that I have to get one because there are a lot of people that I work with that would like it. :D

Anyways I am glad to hear that you are recovering and are still able to ride. Maybe they should outlaw cars? :D
  11. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Nice looking bike, an't it nice to have a woman that will get dirty with ya, :cool:
  12. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

That's very cool, good looking bike. My wife would be out there helping me to, in a heart beat, couldn't ask for a better one.
  13. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

great job on the rebuild!!!! did you paint it also???? it is great to have a helper!! i have one that will get dirty also.....some women miss all the fun, hangin in the house, watchin opera.............
  14. RaKs toy shop

Thanks, the paint is a Harley Davidson Radical paint set "The Beast" 31/200. Retail $2495. I bought it on Ebay new in the boxes $650 plus $30 for shipping. I figure that primed tins and Krylon cost more than that so I'm happy with it. As far as my wife helping go's it funny, she can assemble a front end, mount the tank and fenders but swears up and down that she has no clue how to wash her own bike.:rolleyes: Go figure?:D
  15. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you did real good on the paint!!
  16. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

good to see you did'nt stare at the celling to long , looking at your bike shows that:D ,good job & it's always good to have the wife help out , darndest thing my wife wont wash her ride eather ride safe & welcome back to the wind
  17. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

I agree, I like FatBoys set up like you have it. Nice job! Or is it a Heritage? Oh, it is a Heritage, I had to look at the crashed pic :D

Looks good either way.
  18. RaKs toy shop

Thank You, Yea it’s a heritage, still has the full front fender and spoke wheels, it’s just that Harley shaved the marker light and trim to clean up the front fender(still has the rear trim). The only parts that did not come on or was made for the heritage is the extended FXSTC FWD controls as well as the 110ci screamin eagle breather and derby covers.
  19. JohnnyBiker

Yep, my wife is out theere with me too when I am working on the bike. Some of it was I told her that if she wanted that bike she would have to get involved with it in all aspects. She did not put up a fight at all.:cool: