1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rebuild Kit

Discussion in 'CV Performance' started by Robert Kirk, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Robert Kirk

Robert Kirk Member

I am getting ready to purchase a rebuild kit for my new /old 1996 FLSTF (fat boy). I'm old school and just prefer carbs. Anyway, I would like to know CVP's opinion on the Boyesen Twinshot Float Bowl/Pump. The advantage I see is the plug at bottom of bowl, looks like you could have access to main jet to change out if needed without taking carb off. True? Also like the 'CLAIM" the accelerator twinshot (2 hole) tube helping with atomization mist of fuel, that helps in transition of the pump shot. Nice if the claim is true? What I don't like is the price of the bowl to have these features. 1 more question, if I get one of these bowls, will your E-Z Jet Screw still be applicable?

Attached Files:

2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Hi Robert, I don't have any reason to doubt their claims of the Twinshot however I believe that type of product is more of an advantage to either larger built engines or for racing. Under any stock running engine as in your case I don't believe you would see any benefit, though you could potentially see a decrease in fuel economy with the added fuel spray it produces. Under normal riding there is no need to increase the volume of fuel spray coming from the accelerator pump.

Proper jetting and tuning of the carburetor can go a long way on a stock or mildly modified Harley and really bring out the potential of the CV carburetor.

BTW, nice looking Fat Boy!
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Once you get it jetted there isn't a real need to change the jets over and over
    on the carb unless you have either a manifold/vac leak develop (which then is a problem
    that needs fixing and rejetting is a band aid) or do further engine mods.

The main jet really isn't the issue on these carbs, its the pilot jet and air mix and needle...
  4. Robert Kirk

Robert Kirk Member

Thanks GUYS, guess I am still stuck in the 70's-80's, flat track days, when we raced with the Mikuni's. Depending on temp, atmosphere, etc., we were occasionally changing main jet. But when your running 99% of the time at WOT it sometimes made a difference. I keep forgetting I'm 65 now, and just putt around.;) More concerned with safety than speed. :wideyed:
  5. Robert Kirk

Robert Kirk Member

Ken, my order is in my shopping cart. Went to add spark plugs & wires, but the wires are not letting me ADD them?
  6. kenfuzed

Might be out of stock as we've been clearing out stock in prep of an upcoming move. I'll check and let you know.
  7. kenfuzed