1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Red Key warning Light...what have I done?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by NeilP, Feb 6, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

When you pull fuses you should never have the iginition in the on position.
  2. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Had a play with it and now can see what fuse does what.

I dropped the oil tank down a bit to allow me to pull the fuse block out enough to get behind it.
    The 6th Fuse was not connected, so I have fed it from a switched feed from the ignition switch accessory position. From the other side of the fuse I have taken a wire up to under the seat near the ICM unit,
    So I now have a fused accessory feed that is easily accessible for feeding heated gloves/GPS/ phone charger etc
    There was another battery feed there, part of the original wiring loom, but un switched and un fused, so I did not want to use that.