1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Red Light Cameras IN Houston

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Nov 3, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I did git on a dudes case gfor bustin the chops of a few Police officers that was in Dunkin Dougnuts. I did it right in from of the Cops too. They laughed at each other.

Took him outside and ask him what was wrong with him.
    If the police was in here how was they gonna be out writtin tickets.
    Leave em along. They are doing their job well.:rant::banghead:
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I listened to the news and they didn't say a dang thing about it. :banghead:
  3. Hefitz

Hefitz New Member

The problem is that municipalities sell the idea of red light cameras as a "safety" issue when in fact it's a "revenue" issue. If they would just come out and say that to begin with, they may garner more support. In Houston, the fine was a civil penalty ($75). No hearing, no trial, no recourse. They threatened to deny a renewal of your vehicle registration if you did not pay. However, the county tax office informed them that they had no jurisdiction over vehicle registration. That's a County/State function.

As in most evry case.......follow the money. Where does the revenue generated from these tickets go? The town's general fund, education, hospitals, streets and bridges??

When removing the cameras was on the ballot here in Houston, the city fought it vigorously. Not from a safety aspect but they cried about the loss of revenue.
  4. FLHTbiker

I don't doubt for one second that its a revenue thing masked by a safety concern. I thought I heard it was $300.00 per ticket but it is actually $380.00 per ticket. I think I would fight that one to.
  5. cardboard

I made a right hand turn at a light on the beltway 8 freeder road around Beechnut area. It gave me a ticket. I jacked with it for 4 yrs.
    And the STATE OF TEXAS locked up the tag under a loophole law called the Scoff law that the attorneys showd them..
    I couldn't git a tag renewal on my truck. So yes ATS in Arizona makes so many millions of dollars from Houston and other counties that they can spend millions of dollars to hire law firms and TV comercials and pay Doctors, fireman and police officers to say whatever they want them to say.
    When you send the 75.00 ticket that if not paid goes to 100.00 to ATS in Arizona they send 15.00 to houston and the other money goes to them for puttin the camera up and to pay for their people collectin the money and to pay the advertisement and law firms.
    I can't believe the people in HOuston had the balls to hire Paul Kubosh and fight to have them removed.
    Bet the city tries to git them back. Fox 26 news I think it was , popped on TV yesterday saying the insurance indurstry said the cameras saved lifes.
    I called Fox 26 and emailed them, complainin that they continue to broadcast this about the Redlight Cameras.
    Didn't the voters in Houston VOTE the REDLIGHT cameras out.
    Do you not respect what the voters of Houston voted for. If not state it, elsewise shut TF up.
    We do not want to hear about NO STUDY done by ATS and broadcast on TV.
    If needed we should git together and protest the advertisers that advertise on their TV station.
    The TV stations seem to want it madatory to bring the REdlight Camera back.
    Michael Kubosh said they want the Redlight cameras out of the State of Texas.
    The City of HOuston has needed for years to correct their spending and refuse to do it.
    The police git over time, holiday pay, and all kinds of extra pay just to work as it is now. And they can't sit at a Redlight and watch folks run it.
    They put a unmaned car out there.
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

yup, a doughnut run for sure!!!!!!!!!!
  7. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

was in portland and had a truck broke into and cleaned out, the portland police were called a few times....not one portland officer showed up. No revenue in it. our corprate police showed up, and he reiterated it, no revenue in it so the priority is nill.
  8. FLHTbiker

That does not surprise me with Portland. Wished you could have called we could have got together over a few beers.
  9. cardboard

Bout the only time you see a Cop is when they are writtin Tickets.
    Other than that you don't see em.

PSssssssssssst.

They ain't No Redlight cameras in Houston.
    They were voted out by the Citizens......
  10. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

I will get up there again, I'm in north juarez (El Paso)lol, then to wilcox, tuscon, phenoix, yuma, socal, (city of ind.) henderson by april, then soforth so on. When I get back up there you'll just have to stay home and wait for my call LOL. any of you others see I'm in your area drop a note I move fast but will try meet up.
  11. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

and how do ya get that little temp bar for you town?
  12. FLHTbiker

Copy this and then put the name of your town in place of clackamas. If it don't work try another town where your from. But add [​IMG] at the end. Then add http:// after the beginning . If I put it all out for you to copy it will show my city temp again. Oh yea, change the state name also

weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/gizmotimetempbig/US/OR/clackamas.gif
  13. cardboard

14. FLHTbiker

Saw my first one today when I had to travel to the west side of Portland in the Beaverton area. Geesh those camera's were huge. I smiled real big as I went past it and thinking of you CB. :)
  15. cardboard

16. chucktx

i should have gotten a ticket when traveling on my trip back from springfield ill. the guy behind me said i triggered it, and i know i went through on a yellow/red light. i believe the camera couldnt see my plate due to the position of my tourpac......very lucky
  17. FLHTbiker

I have often wondered about that with the Tour Pak on the bike. If yea got a full face helmet on and can't see the plate, shoot then CB otta go out and run em in Houston to have some fun. :D:roflmao:
  18. cardboard

If'n you will give me yer tag number and tell me where you live. I can call em and tell em you ran it and should have a ticket. You cheated em out of THEIR rightful share of Money.:banghead:
  19. chucktx

dont remember what state i was in.......either Texas or Arkansas........
  20. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

:roflmao::roflmao::wtf: