1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Red's Mid-America Meander Meets

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Red Rider, Jun 28, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I will have a lot of time on my hands next summer as I am not taking any more pto until the meet and greet. By then I will have close to a month off. Hmm, maybe we will have to talk about this more. I know HR has a total of three weeks that she can take off. (Restructured Policies and Contract).
  2. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

Oh I'm more like :banghead::banghead::banghead::witsend::witsend::witsend:!!!!!!! :angry::angry:
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

great pics red!! looks like ya got the resizing down pat!!!!!
  4. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

It was great reading your daily journal as you rode, and now we get to see photos from the road. Good job RR. Hope you enjoyed all the diverse people, country, and weather in the places you visited.

The ride is always fun, but the people you meet make it most enjoyable. Thanks for making the effort to meet-up with all these good folk.
  5. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Red's Mid-America Meander Last Words

Best Ride: Somewhere in south east Wisconsin, working the state roads westward from New Berlin to the Mississippi - made breaking in the new engine a blessing!:cool:
    Worst Ride: North Dakota detour onto road under construction:gah::banghead:

Best Day: tie: - Riding out of New Berlin to MN and having chow with Hot Rider and JB & family.
    - Riding from Dillon MT to home and experiencing all the climate and environmental changes from MT to NV...while getting home.

Worst Day: Racine arrival...at 0400..in a rental van...:gah:...then not knowing when I'd get my bike back.

Best Experience: Meeting alexthedog, HarleysLR, Hot Rider and JohnnyBiker

Worst Experience: Dead bagger rider in SD

Best Night: Wedding Reception!

Worst Night: Fuggadaboutit! :puke:Not bike related, and I want to forget.

Strangest normal experience: Riding into Twin Falls, Idaho from the north. If you do it, you'll get it.

Dumbest thing I did: STILL packed WAY too dang much crap.

Smartest thing I did: Ducked the storm in Murdo, SD

Things I barely remember: First few days out - heat, hangover and hardly any sleep made me too much like a zombie.

Things I'll never forget: all the people that I met and chatted with and shared talk of the road. And all those miles of crazy asphalt.

Most thankful for: a good limit on my credit card....ended up over $10,000 for the month:gah: But it got me home.

Best Idea of the Trip: To make it about meeting folks - primarily the forum members (gave me destinations and motivation) but also anybody and everybody that would talk.
    ------------
    Of course, I have left a ton of things out that I'll regret later and feel stupid for not mentioning, but that's just the way it has to be. The ride is over. Time to find another one. Just gotta fix the highway pegs, and off we'll go......
    :cheers:
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Totally understand about north of Twin Falls, if you came through Arco and Craters of the moon area.

Meeting up with other bike talk people has always been great, looking forward to meeting up with JB someday, hmmm may have to give him a big ol bear hug to :D
  7. Red Rider

He may not be all that keen on huggin' ya....:puke:.... Hot Rider might not let ya get that close, anyways!:roflmao:

I'd have to say that if I man I just met wanted to hug me, he better want to bleed, too. A whole lot.:devil:
  8. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great pics, Red. Trees & motels sure do come in handy and so do underpasses in emergencies. I escaped a hail storm like that once . . . I was wondering if you kept a written journal of your travels.
  9. Red Rider

Nope, no journal. I guess years of working a job where notes were usually forbidden has left it's mark. This thread will have to stand in for a journal or diary.

I hope more riders do the same, writing about their times on the roads. More of you should, and if it isn't happening because you don't get to ride more - then ride more. I know, easier said than done....but it can and should be done. If you love to do it, then do it.
  10. FLHTbiker

11. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

12. FLHTbiker

13. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i thought ya never was "in it"..................:D
  14. FLHTbiker

Your probably right :rolleyes:
  15. Red Rider

16. FLHTbiker

17. parker

parker New Member

18. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Ya you have to watch those pills , they can make you not think right , Not that you all the time anyway :roflmao: mean while back at the ranch :D
  19. FLHTbiker

Now that I've been on em for a few days I'm starting to think this is normal :eek:
  20. Red Rider

I know painkillers too well (from earning the need, not as playthings) and I strongly recommend you take as little as you can stand, and no more. Withdrawal and its longer side effects are far worse than the pain of a normal body's failure to fully function. Good luck, and be strong.