1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Removing filter in Gas tank

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cardboard, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

:roflmao:
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

The parts in there like the filter ain't that expensive.
    And if'n I have a problem, HD has to fix it for free.bought a 5 yr warranty
    I showed a fix for any problems that might arrise from the hoses.
    Last bike had 48,000 with just a filter.

And it takes about 15 minutes to change a filter assemble on the newer bikes.
    You can replace just the paper filter . It comes with new orings and all.
    They changed it from what the video shows on the older bikes..
  3. cardboard

Paid about 700 for one. And thats for TBW. YOu can't git one that cheap unless you have cables.
    T-Max gives you a heck of a lot more power, you can't git that out of carbs man.

And how many times would you think you have to buy a Tuner for it ,if'n you bought the right one the 1st time.

Remember, I've had carbs and I've had 4 EFI bikes. I won't own another carb.

And carb bikes might not be outlawed, but go find a new bike with a carb and then carry it to emmissions.
    The EPA has already outlawed Two stroke with CArbs. Last year was the last year you could buy one.
    A 2 stroke will tell you a lot about the gas and gas problems.
    The 2 stroke gits diluted with Oil when you run them.
    Carb motors cause over 5 times the problems as a fuel injected motor.
    A 2 stroke is a lot cheaper to operate than a 4 stroke motor.
    When you have to do maintenance and buy parts to a 4 stroke you wind up spending more money.
    And the maintenance on a 4 stroke inboard is even more maintenance than a fuel injected 2 stroke outboard.

And when the day comes I don't have a few dollars to spend on my bike,
    I will git rid of it.
    My bike is my Hobby, it give me stress relief and lets me git away from the real world and the real world problems.
    Would you rather me spend the money at the Doctors office.

Never, never had a bike I did nothin to it.
    If you drive them, you always got to do something to them.

Ain't that part of enjoying a bike. Buyin things for it.
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

those are not official hd hoses
    did you check to see if they
    void your 5 year warranty?
  5. cardboard

They have to prove the hoses caused the problem
    And they can't
    Those hoses are better than stock
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

your lucky....you got the money to pay for extended warranty.....lots of folks dont........no way can you get the filter outa the tank in 15 minutes......if you include all the stuff ya got to do to get to it.............
  7. cardboard

They changed how the new bikes filter element comes out. Stood there and watced a buddy take his out, unscrew the top and take the filter out and put another one in.

5 yr extended warranty I got for 1300.00.
    It was added into the deal.

What major can you fix on yre own for 1300.00
    If 1300.00 is gonna break you don't git a bike, Save yer money.
    So is you save the money can you git one of these for 1300.00

The motor ?
    The tranny.
  8. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

I have both and to tell you the truth i dont care wich one i ride i love them both. i have been tunning cars for years . and both cars and bikes fuel injection . if you tune a bike with a delphi open loop system . you have a very well tuned carb thats what you end up with. or should i say two carbs . its not till they went to closed loop that you end up with great fuel economy and power . and then again thats a narrow band set up.13.5 14.7 thats as far as you have fuel control, 70 % throttle and up your back in open loop . delphi system have been that way for years in automobiles. its now that we have very well tuned cars on the road with what they call a/f sensors and are now running wide bands on everyday cars. we have been doing so on race motors for years .and the motorcyle industry aftermarket has done so with alpha n load base with wide bands . and dont forget the marelli system was alpha n as well with a cam sensor to time the injectors. good technology for the time . but no one wanted to mess with system to get it right . any way . give me a wide band set up with a mass air flow sensor and now you will have a bad ass running harley that does not care what cubic inch it is or what cylinder head or cam or exhaust is on it it wil lknow what timing or fuel trim is needed. because your telling the pcm what you are requesting from it before its in the chamber not after . and it will look at the wide bands to make sure it happend .!now thats bad ass efi. and boys you will see it the motor company. is 3 years behind the automobile industry. thats not much time . map sensors are a thing of the past they came out in the early 80 . and reading manifold pressure of a 45 vtwin kinda sucks for a load device.and look how drive by wire has come on strong . it is very quick when its tuned properly. speed of current is much faster than my hand . and the pcm is much faster in the late model bike than the early . the same pcm that you have in the 09 bike is same basic set up in a late model chevy cavalier . just two less injector drivers. any how sorry to ramble . love my carb electra . love my fuel injected deuce and yes i have a t- max . kept the open loop delphi for when i sell it. and yes it had a sert and it sucked the ve tables dont work unless you trick it with injector on time or cubic inch size .tts much better. its what i use on cars. company is awesome,
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011