1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ride from Sacramento to Yellowstone via the scenic route on my BMW R1150RT - a goofy movie.

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by davenathan, Jul 15, 2014.

1. davenathan

davenathan Member

My buddy and I took a pretty epic 9 state, 12 state journey and covered 4,275 miles. We saw a lot of amazing sights in these Western United States. I took my '03 R1150RT and my pal Max took his '08 Kawi C14. I made a little movie to chronicle our adventure... hope you enjoy it.

Thanks,
    -Dave
    Roadster guy and Sleepy like this.
  2. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Friend of mine has an RT...Nice bike...
    davenathan likes this.
  3. davenathan

davenathan Member

Thanks Marc. I had a Kawi C10 before, and liked that bike, but I wanted an RT for a long time and finally bought it in January of this year. -Dave
  4. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Nice vid. I watched the whole thing at work lol. Great stuff.
    davenathan likes this.
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Very well done Video I to watched from start to finish. Been to all those places except North Dakota. Great job putting it together, thanks.
    davenathan likes this.
  6. davenathan

davenathan Member

Thanks a lot Tom and FLHTbiker. Much appreciated.
  7. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the movie, boys. Fun watching it and I found it interesting the effects one can do with videos these days.
    davenathan likes this.
  8. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

good vid, looked like a fun trip..aside from the Nevada portion the rest of the trip looked very familiar to me..got a chuckle about running from the weather..happens a lot down there..cheers
    davenathan likes this.
  9. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

It's nice to see two friends get a long so well and have wives rooting you on as you leave. I wonder if life would be different if I owned a beemer. :rolleyes:

Or if your lives would be different if you ownd a HD? lol I can see it now, you guys sneaking out of the house pushing your HDs away from the house but the wives wake up and catch you, run after you thowing kitchen appliances "you bastards, get back here" :):banghead::arghh:

My buddies wife looks shit up on Sturgis and all she sees is naked women. Then she calls my wife and all hell breaks out. Welcome to my world.

I'm starting to hate you guys ;)
    davenathan likes this.
  10. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed the vid. I had no idea how much the Canadian education system had misled me about American Geography. North Dakota holds the Statue of Liberty! the lions and tigers that roam the plains of Yellowstone, and America's failing infrastructure system, with underground pipes that burst like clockwork. Very cool. Buy Dave some Harley T shirts, can't just buy all the superhero shirts at Old Navy! Excellent entertaining job guys!:)
    davenathan likes this.
  11. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

What I learned in school was that us Americans have deodorant unlike our Canadian neighbors ! just joshin wid ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    davenathan likes this.
  12. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

We don't need deodorant. Our &%$ don't stink. LOL!:D