1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ride-On tire sealant

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Sep 19, 2015.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Getting ready to do a road trip next Wednesday. Had 12,000 on the rear tire with about 3 thousandth left in on the thread. Figured I better change it. Installed a new Dunlop on it and had the dealer add Ride-On tire sealant. Don't need to pick up a nail in the rear tire and be broke down. Don't know if any have ever used it or heard of it.
    http://www.ride-on.com
  2. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Dude that is narly sh*t, i need that in my tire. I carry fix a flat, plug kit and compressor. Wonder if my dealer installs it?

Ya 12000 miles is real good for a tire but really bad to take this wonderful trip you're about to embark on. Las vegas right?

Your going to reno. Can you get here. http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2894
    Never mind..they are like 500 miles apart.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

12 k on the new dunlaps is not bad but you should get more, got 19 on my last one and was taken out by a nail not tread.

Running nitrogen has really helped as its stabilized air pressure, low tire pressure kills tires more than anything, consider the most expensive part you have to change is tires.
  4. FLHTbiker

I've had that Ride-On in my tires on ever bike now for the last several years.
    It's really good stuff if you get a cut or nail in it fills the hole and plugs it. You put it in a newly installed tire there is no need to put balance weights on it either. It really works and will balance the tire perfectly.
    Our dealer sells it and installs it on hundreds of bikes.

BD yea that's a long way from Reno so won't be going that way. Interesting though.

HRK, I check my tires all the time, we just ride hard and fast out here. :)
  5. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

It's in my tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Givrsum

Givrsum Active Member

holy shi7 12k! man that says alot for your roads, best i've ever got was 9k. and 19 is unreal! damn..
  7. FLHTbiker

I could have got a lot more miles out of this tire, probably a couple thousand more but not taking any chances on a road trip.

Don't know anyone here that has gotten more than 15,000 on the new tire.
  8. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

9. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

PS...12,000 miles is damn good for a rear tire...I get a little over 10,000 on rear tires and a little over 15,000 on front before I change them and I ride two up most of the time...
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  10. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I get a little over 20 miles on my rear tire but the front lasts years! [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FLHTbiker likes this.