1. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rider Down - How Many Times Have You Wrecked On The Road?

Discussion in 'The Polling place' started by Red Rider, Sep 4, 2018.

?

How many times have you wrecked on your ride? Not counting parked drops.

1. 1

33.3%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

66.7%
  5. 5+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I've been riding since 1979, with over 200,000 miles of street riding (would have been a lot more, but I spent a lot of time in the service away from my rides) and had my share of spills. My worst injuries were from my last spill, but that was during the transition from street to dirt - and already discussed on this forum in a different thread.

My worst street wipe out was on a North Carolina road with my now-ex wife. Cornered too fast, laid it down and we both got rashed pretty bad. My most humorous wreck was hitting a cop car in Virginia that pulled right out into me - smashed his front fender so hard he couldn't drive away. He did apologize - after initially trying to blame me. Cops are people, too. My bike was fine, and I road away, leaving him to the wrecker and having to explain the accident to his chief.

Being as dirt riding is a different beast, and one really expects to bite it there, please exclude dirt wrecks...unless it was on a street bike, or a good story.
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I have never wiped out my bike. You didn't include 0 so I couldn't cast a vote. I came close last year though.:artist:
    Red Rider likes this.
  3. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Been riding for over 40 years. 3 of the 4 accidents were my fault. And should have been avoided. Rookie mistakes.
    Red Rider likes this.
  4. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

'rear ended at a red light. Groovin' on the music and not watching in my mirrors. 6 grand worth of damaged to my SG. Of course the b%$ch tried to deny running into me. Imagine saying "I didn't hit him, he just fell over, with witnesses seeing everything. Luckily, I escaped with a sore arss.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    Red Rider likes this.
  5. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

C'mon, folks, me, BI & Charlie ain't the only ones. Share your story, so others may learn.