1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Riding days are over for awhile

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Aug 23, 2011.

1. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

HRK, Nome isn't far from my cabin in Alaska. Heck, I could be there in a couple hours!
  2. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Why, yes he is! As a matter of fact, when we stopped there to re-group in his parking lot after our ride, he came running out and said "Bikers are not allowed here! The last biker we had here did some work for us on the new building, and it caved-in after he left!!!" HA!

Pastor Ken is the coolest dude around, and has been here for 20 years. The original church building was an old Sears store, and he jokes about how he used to preach from where the men's toilet was. He's built it into quite the beautiful building it is today.

That is so cool that you know him and went to church here. Bring your bike up sometime, and he will bless it (guaranteed to give it more power!). By the way, I just finished doing a design for a house in Nathrop. Beautiful place.

Sorry FLHT, I just couldn't resist a good story.
  3. traveler4717

traveler4717 Active Member

Great news on the progress FLHT!!!!! Still rootin for ya.
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

5. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Hoping you are continuing to heal up, FLHT! Be patient and go easy - you'll be riding again in no time!
  6. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

hey man hope all is good ! any updates brother how you doing with getting out and walkin
  7. FLHTbiker

Doing real good, been getting my strength back. Can't believe how surgery zaps it out of you. Have not done any riding yet but sure itching to get back in the saddle. Its been raining the last few days and we may not get a lot more nice days for awhile. Finished reading Abby's book with my idle time.
    Wrote a 4 page log of our trip to Washington DC and sent it to our HOG chapter newsletter editor. As Vern who was on the trip with me said after reading it "Very good article. I laughed and cried. A journalist you are not, but you made the story with great emotion".

I will need to write another one for the trip home for next month.
  8. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

awesome brother glad to hear things are getting better bro . god bless and keep up the good work .!!!:cheers:
  9. traveler4717

would love to read the article. read the thread here, and it sounded like an awesome trip. would love to take a trip like that, but I think my sporty would ruin my back (ha-ha). ?? are you up to back jokes yet?
  10. FLHTbiker

Not sure how to post the article here as its rather long. Four pages in word.

This is my second back surgery so probably heard a lot of em :roflmao:
  11. traveler4717

I'll give you my email in a PM if that's OK
  12. FLHTbiker

No problem
  13. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

If the file is not over 56KB you can attach with the manage attachments choice at bottom of screen when you reply with quote. If it is over 56KB, you can zip it, then attach using the manage attachments, then browsing for file. Depending on which operating system on your computer, you probably just need to right click on the file to zip. Have not tried, but looks like it should work... Not sure if there are any rules on this forum about attaching files ... you probably know more about that than I do... :cool:
  14. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

there is a limit to the length of the post.......check with ken, he may allow ya to post it.....
  15. FLHTbiker

Looks like I'll need to either end this thread or change it to; Back in the saddle again. :D Yep, today was a nice day out in the 60's with partly sunny skies. I had to pay some bills so I backed the Springer out of the shop and figured it's not over 10 miles there and back. Shoot hardly time enough to get the bike warmed up. Paid the bills and decided to take the long way home.
    I'm riding along and something I remembered that Abby wrote in the last pages of her book. She wrote I'm not ready to go home yet. Well I had that same feeling so pointed the bike in a even longer way back. Well an hour and a half later I pulled into the driveway. :rolleyes: Didn't want to as it was so nice out. So got a few miles in today and being on the Springer was really nice, except for that rock hard Corbin seat :rant:. Going to have to replace it with a Mustang seat. :)
  16. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Good to here you got in the wind just ride easy with some care
  17. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Good for you ... great to hear you got to ride.... thumbs up on the mustang seat ... :)
  18. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

glad you're back in the saddle....:)
  19. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

20. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Life has to be gittin pretty close to great now.

Hope you didn't hurt non after you got back.

It probaly made you sleep better too.