1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rinehart 2-into-1

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by baggerpaul, Nov 23, 2011.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

hey i got a set of 2-1-2 se pipes that were on my deuce you can have. ill never use them again . they do have a rear o2 por that i installed for tunning . you can blockit off with a threded plug when not in use. worked pretty good made 94 ftlbs with those.just pay for the shipping and ill get them out of the shed . gives ya the shot gun look , and the performance of a 2-1 they say . the torque curve was pretty close. as my two into one .not the same. almost seems to me the 2-1 came on a little sooner.
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I ain't seen a pipe that performs no where as good as a 2n1 either..
    To me they give the bike a clean look and take weight off.
  3. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Thanks Paul, may be interested. Just started researching, not sure what I want to do yet. Need to check and ask more questions first.
  4. baggerpaul

ok let me know only the spiders are going to live in them for know . no rust on them at all the were on there for about 4 weeks . your more than welcome to them
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

6. baggerpaul

thanks ya saw there stuff before. And the pipe he sells i saw and heard before not bad looking . sound very deep . dont know about what power it makes? i like the look of the fat cat from d-d
  7. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

This guy is talking about a new design for a pipe. I too like the looks of the D&D, but the price of those pipes is just crazy. This guy is asking almost $400 less. C'mon man how can you go wrong??
  8. tinsnips

tinsnips Active Member

i got t max with v&h true duals and a set of s&s gear drive cams and i like the sound AND performance just thought I would chime in;)
  9. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

This brings up a point from another thread S***s. How many miles did you have on your Ultra when you had the S&S gear-drive cams installed? Any unusual expense involved (crank pin truing, bearings, gear pitch)? What was the cam grind? How's the mechanical sound? Did you dyno it?
  10. tinsnips

tinsnips Active Member

i had 12000 miles on it and it is a s&s 551 so far I have put on about 500 miles and no prob at all it doesnt seem to sound much different but it sure has a quicker response of course at the same time I changed the se tuner to a t max i replaced the original cams at around 8,000 with a set of andrews 26h but I like this set up better and the bike has a little more rump sound to it:)and no i didnt have it dynoed
  11. Smarty

Smarty New Member

For a 2into1 pipe, D&D has been the champ for small and large builds. They have three different mufflers to fit your build. From quiet baffles to performance baffles. If power and sound is what you are looking for, here's your answer. Proven winner and just flat out works. The torque champs for sure. Took me years to make the change to single side muffler, but now will never go back!
  12. alex the dog

You replaced cams at 8K and again at 12K miles? Living in CA, I'd think you'd have way more miles on an '08 FL. Don't you get out on the road much?
  13. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Wow not much for sure. Maddog and I did 7,000 in two weeks last summer.:rolleyes:P
  14. cardboard

After doing some talkin today. If'n I changed cams I may go with Woods 777 cam.
    Its a hoped up 555 cam.
    Then I might change the pistons to raise the compression so 10.1 as well the lifters.
  15. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

I have seen dyno reports of the 555 & 777 not much difference between them in a stock set-up but they come alive with some headwork.:cool:
  16. cardboard

The newer Harley touring bikes have some of the best headwork that HD has produced for a stock bike. They breath good.
    Got some friends that went with the triple nickle on stock bikes with a Thunder-Max and they was plenty happy.

Know that Wolfgang Grasser does a great set of heads.
    But I have electric compression releases. Not willing to give them up.
    When they do a set of heads they weld around the outside of the chamber area. YOu loose the electric compression releases.
    Found out HD will let you send them your heads and they will bore then out to. MVA heads for like 650.00

Will probably talk to Bob Woods before I make my choices.
    Talked with a dude today that is the service mgr for a HD dealer. He has a 08 Fat Bob. I had him to call Bob a while back.
    He went with the 777 cams, with with some pistons to do 10.1.1 changed the springs, lifters and ported and polished the heads.
    It sounded great. He said it ran great.
    Tried to git him to let me take it for a Ride.
    I know it will scream.
  17. tinsnips

tinsnips Active Member

unfortunately trying to fix my backyard and repair the house has cut into my riding time plus I dont get much time off of work I wouldnt know how to act if I was able to take two weeks off in a row to go on a road trip let alone one week with all the OTHER things that have been going on around here.. as far as doing the heads and stuff that probably isnt going to happen (yea right) :mad:
  18. alex the dog

Yes I understand S***s.....family and home are your top priorities. Try to get the wife to go with ya on short 3-day rides to start. Then she will understand better how important it is for a working man to "get away" from chores some times to keep your sanity.
  19. alex the dog

Cardboard, what are "MVA" heads?
  20. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

Made by Screamin Eagle Maximum Velocity Area heads