1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Road to Cape D'Or Lighthouse

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Lucifer, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

This is a short video of the road in to the Cape D'Or Lighthouse...It's a 6 mile road and climbs over 600'...Video doesn't really show how rough the road is and I didn't realize how much I was climbing...lol...fastest I could go was just 2000 RPMs +- in 2nd gear ....we were bouncing pretty hard...
    Nova Scotia Motorcycle Tour Guide said " Only experienced riders should attempt this trip" I said WTH I'm going in anyway...lol....Please excuse my language at the end:oops:

It was definitely worth the trip when we got there....if I can find the pics,I'll post them and you'll see what I mean....

badinfluence63 and JohnnyBiker like this.
  2. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Looks like the Trans Canada through N.B.! How did the "Thunder in the Highlands" make out? First I heard cancelled, then I heard back on again..
  3. Lucifer

LOL....Ride the Marconi Trail down here....you'll never complain about your roads again...;)
    Yeah, Thunder in the Highlands was canceled....Original organizers moved to New Glasgow ,said funding was an issue and had to cancel it(I don't think they could line their own pockets well enough this year.IMHO)A local group stepped up since venues and events and local business' were already set and ready to go...I don't know how it went over because I had way too much life stuff going on...Cape Breton Bike Rally was the new name....I hope they were successful because they did a lot of work on short notice...Uncertainty could have played a part in attendance...We'll see next year if it's a go or not....
  4. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Nice video. I like the sound of yer scooter!
  5. Lucifer

They were the Vance&Hines Ovals I had on it then....They do have a nice sound to them, they're a heavy set of mufflers though...
    That was our first trip with the tour pack on the bike and I thought for sure it was going to shake off or break....when the bike stalled I thought something broke from the pounding but it was just the revs too low because of the grade we were climbing...
  6. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Good to hear it was on in some form or another, hopefully it will see many more years.
    MotoMoncton was a washout this year with the rain we had, hopefully Shediac Rally this coming weekend will be good.
  7. Lucifer

Yeah...I forgot all about it until you reminded me...so I tried to find some info....
    Seems a couple of guys figured they had to try to put on something for all the people that couldn't cancel their plans to come here,so a few clubs got together and formed a Board of Directors from 2 guys from each club and a couple of independents...They put on guided tours of the island,some vendors that cancelled,rescheduled and came back and from what I gathered the musicians/bands that were booked kept the dates and played their gigs free of charge to the organizers....
    They put the thing together in about 2 weeks and pulled it off....A couple thousand bikers showed up and apparently had a real good time and are looking forward to coming again next year, so hopefully it'll grow and become a destination for bikers on the August 1st weekend...
    The "Cape Breton Bike Rally" board members also thought cancelling because of "lack of funding" was a lame excuse and proved it by putting together a successful rally in very short order and with practically no money:cool:
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Ok I watched the video , do eat with that mouth LMAO sounded like the rest of us except the acent here in TX we say ya'll mother forker , looks like a rough road
  9. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

We don't swear here in Noo Yowk
  10. Lucifer

And that was the good part of the road...lol Too bad Flo turned off the camera when I started my Noo Yowker imitation;) the road then stated to climb the mountain...1st gear all the way up with quite a few switchbacks...I started thinking to myself "What the hell did I get into"then we finally reached the top and the clearing where cars parked ,we got a lot of stares from the people there... lol they mutsa thought we were nuts....
    I can't find the pics Flo clicked so I'll steal some from the web....Don't know if pics will do the place justice,but the views were amazing in person...:)