1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.
  1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

So HR was riding , or setting on the back? good pics of the sevri-car & knuckle head & Red getting his non foo-foo drink ,HR & Red look relaxed standing there
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Hot Rider was on the bike with me as she always is. They do don't they. that is where we finally decided to strip off our leathers and cool down. From that point on it was fairly hot out.
  3. JohnnyBiker

Here is another video that Hot Rider took. Getting a little better that is for sure. :D
    [​IMG]

This video was taken pretty close to Rapid City. I would say about 5 miles out of town. Once we got to rapid City we didn't do much other than get situated into our rooms and find a good place to eat. the place that we ate at was a place called H2O. It was a sports bar with a full menu and I would have to say that it was pretty good for the most part. At that point, I was pretty hungry and thirsty, more thirsty than hungry! We left the bikes at the hotel which gave us about a 4 block walk. It was pretty friggen warm but by then we didn't care.

The next morning we were up by 7 am. I go and knock on reds door and of course he is awake. He gave me a great pointer to go and eat the free hot breakfast that the hotel offered. Red has specifically mentioned the biscuits and gravy. Now, I am not a biscuits and gravy kind of guy, but I figured that I would give it a try since it was free. I would have to say, it was a good choice. Hot Rider liked it too.

We finally shoved off from the hotel at about 9am. We all agreed that it would be best that we top off with fuel then head around the Rushmore Loop which led us to Hwy 16 W then through Deadwood stop there and get some brunch then we were going to head to Sturgis and split form there.

Ok, so here we are heading down a hill still in Rapid City and all of a sudden my bike starts to backfire. Hot rider asks, "did that cap fall off?" I said I would have to look and sure enough, it was missing. Not a heck of a lot that I could do at that point so we moved on. We were heading west on 16 and boy could I tell that there was a difference in power of my bike. It was bad. There for a little bit I wasn't so worried about it as we seemed to be going down in elevation so I was trying to relax. Now talk about embarrassing, here we are coming into Keystone down the main drag bikes friggen everywhere, and here I am backfiring. POW! POW! POW! funny, but embarrassing. We go out of town and all of a sudden here we are heading up some really steep hills. I go to Red, "Hey, I have to try and fix this as I just don't have any power to climbs these hills." He suggested duct tape and at this point I said OK, I have to at least try it. So turned around and headed back to Keystone which was just a mile away. We found a gas station and I bought some band aids and hose tape thinking that I could reach in there without taking the carb off and just wrap it enough for the time being to stop introducing the air into the system. No luck, just too tight of an area. We then discussed going to a dealer but nothing was firmly agreed upon as I was resided to the fact of just leaving it so we decided that we were going to keep going.

Here we are finding our way out of Rapid City and then eventually on to Keystone

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. JohnnyBiker

Here are some more.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here we are no heading into Keystone. Most of the bikes were right away as we rolled into town, this is about 3/4 of the way through town.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]