1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rode yesterday

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Dec 29, 2008.

1. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Best of luck to ya...:)
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Nope, you should be fine with some basic tools. Basically its just a matter of draining the trans, removing the cover, removing the cable from the cover, and installing the new easy clutch part onto the ramp. Its probably all in the instructions but I recall that bolt needing to be torqued to 10 lbs.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

what ken said......:)
  4. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Did it! We had to run to the dealership for a gasket, but it went very smoothly. No fighting even. I did most of it, but it was nice to have some help for the parts I couldn't do because I have no strength in my left hand. I also learned something new with the ratchet and used a torque wrench for the first time.

I didn't have to pull the primary cover Chuck. It was a tight squeeze, but we got it in there. Thanks for your help!

Now for a test ride. :D
  5. chucktx

good deal abby!! i knew you could do it!!!! have fun and be carefull out there:)

anytime, just call!!!!!!
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Good deal Abby hope it all works well for you or should I say how did it work with your hand ? good job doing it your self(with some help) now you have a good story for biker chick in the how to section :cool:
  7. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

It works great! I'm still pushing it to be riding at all, especially after using my hand working on it all afternoon. I think it will help with my tennis elbow from way back over a year ago when I had to push my bike home.

My friend took lots of pictures of me doing the work, so I'll definitely be writing the story for Biker Chick.

Chuck is going to become the official Texan Technical Coordinator of Biker Chick Magazine. :roflmao:
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Glad it all work right for you feels good to know you fixed it right the first :D , now take it easy on your hand there are a lot of riding miles ahead of you :cool:
  9. chucktx

no problem abby, as long as ya call me once in a while with that alluring voice of yours.........:roflmao:
  10. TM103

TM103 Active Member

Thats great Abby. There are some things you have to do for yourself:D . Ride safe.