1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Scary Couple of Weeks

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by badinfluence63, Dec 3, 2016.

1. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Been out of sorts the last couple weeks. About 3 weeks ago between 5pm and 11pm I took 5 dumps with nothing but blood and chunks. I was kinda nervous and trying not to be upset. My wife is a nurse so I told her and sent a picture. She said that's not good. So we headed out to the Ed. Lab tests taken, this and that and scheduled a colonoscopy. I had been avoiding one for 10 years.

I finally got one today and other than some polyps, internal hemorrhoids and some diverticulitis I'm okay. What a relief. I had a bleeding diverticulitis, so I was told. It was difficult not to worry for 3 weeks.

I feel pretty stupid for putting off the colo. The worst of it was drinking that nasty crap you have to drink in a short period of time.

I encourage anyone to get one as recommended. I could have avoided the unnerving incident a couple weeks ago if I had.

Once at the hospital one minute I am in one room in a johnny, pushed into the procedure room then I wake up back in the dressing room. 20-30 minutes tops.

Pretty sure next meeting with my PCP I'm gonna have to lose weight....

After it was over I went and got some fried clams and scallops. Hadn't been able to eat for 1 1/2 days. Yes!

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Been there. Had the colonoscopy a few years back, they called me later that day (on a Friday)and said "Cancer" and that chemo would be starting ASAP. Wasn't but a year or so after I retired, and was thinking "Great, I'll be another one of those statistics for guys who don't make it five years after retiring". No word Saturday...Sunday...then on Monday I called them. "Ooops, no cancer." I would have been really pissed if I weren't so relieved.

Good luck. You should be good to go. Getting that look is a real PITA, but nothing compared to the alternatives. We can't all go out like the Duke as J.B. Books in "The Shootist". Though it would be tempting! Might as well stick around a bit further and see how the story goes on.;)
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  3. badinfluence63

Geez. I hear about being pissed vs relieved..wow. Huge difference in the 2 diagnosis. Really glad you got a pass,you're a likeable person.
  4. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I'm due for my every 10 year reaming in '17. I just can't wait! :wideyed::(
    I think that if I experienced what you did I probably would have run right to the ER also. Years ago I had an awesome vegetable garden and grew beets. Man they were delicious. That night, after my first meal with them, I pooped maroon die into the terlit. Scared the bejeezus out of my. Went to doc, once he grilled me on what I ate he laughed like hell. Fresh beets!!! Whew! :cool:
    Sleepy likes this.
  5. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

LMFAO:hilarious:

Glad it all worked out BI.:)
  6. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Please take care of yourself!
  7. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Wow, that was scary. I had some growths cut out when I had my colo. had to wait a couple of weeks until I got the lab results
  8. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Glad you are alright. you are bang on about trying to drink all that peglyte. It sure cleans a person out though. I wasn't completely under when I had mine done. Because I had polyps I have to get inspected every 5 years, you will likely be the same. Great choice of post procedure menu though.... miss those fried clams
  9. johnsondennis

johnsondennis Member

That was one hell of a story, glad to here that you are doing fine. I'm 53 and have been putting off going to the doctors now I think its time to go. What a wake-up...

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk
  10. badinfluence63

Thanks a bunch. Being sedated was the deal maker,lol. And yeah every 5 years now.
  11. badinfluence63

Thanks and yeah get one. I felt pretty stupid for having put it off. It's nothing what I thought. They put you on a gurney in a changing room. Push the gurney in the procedure room and sedate you. Next thing you know I'm back in the changing room all done. Relieved with the results being what they were.

The whole experience with the bloody bowel movements were scary. Surreal. Put me in a daze like wtf is going on.