1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Screamin' Eagle 2 slip ons for '94 Dyna?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by jamesfe724, Jul 12, 2004.

1. jamesfe724

jamesfe724 New Member

I have a question. I have a '94 Dyna Glide Convertible (FXDS-Conv) with the tapered Harley slip-ons. Trying to find parts for this bike is a nightmare. Recently I have been eyeing at the Screamin' Eagle 2 baloney cut slip-ons for my bike in the catalog. However there is a slight problem. They are only made for '95 and later. My question is what is the difference between the slip-ons for the '94 than the ones in the catalog for '95 and later? Grant you I would have to change the muffler bracket, because I know it is different, but is there any other difference? Or would I just be better off going with an aftermarket pipes and be done with it? If someone can help me out with this, I would appreciate it.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

SE pipes are not really the "best" performance pipe, if you're looking for something with a deeper growl and a stock look try www.khromewerks.com HP+ tapered or Cycle Shack, etc.

They sell both at Direct Parts and they are not expensive slip on mufflers.

You should consider putting on a high flow air filter system and tuning the carb, you'll get a good performance increase from all three together.

Dynas are historically tough to find aftermarket stuff for, a lot more Softails and FL's on the road is probably why.