1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Screamin Eagle Pro Efi Super Tuner Pn 32109-08

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by JetDoctor, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

yes.....but there is no Thundermax for touring models. So far it appears PMC5 with auto tune will come close or so they say.
  2. milofields

milofields New Member

If it makes anyone feel better, I just had the SE Super Tuner, SE High Flow Air Cleaner and Vance and Hines Long Shot Duals installed...we also Dyno'd it and even the dealer struggled to get it dialed in at 14:1. They had to make a few stabs at it and still only got it as close as they could. If we hadn't dynoed it, it would have been between 15 and 16 from their recommended map.
    I was very pleased with the performance however, I could really feel a good HP and torque addition. It was money well spent.
  3. DRAGON

DRAGON New Member

I have a 09 road glide has anyone tried putting true dules on the 2009 96cu.
    with the super tuner.
    I have the HD race tuner and put the true dules on it and the dealer said
    he could not get it to run better then 68 hp we put back the stock with SE slip ons and got 79hp dose that sound right or did just not know what he is doing. I would like to put back the TD"s to get it to run a little cooler
  4. milofields

milofields New Member

My bike is a 2009 Ultra Classic 96cu...I saw great performance, but we also Dyno'd it so it was tuned in pretty close. If we hadn't dyno'd it would have been way off. I have attached the Dyno run in case someone wants to see the change...the top bar is before the Dyno test adjustment.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  5. moates49

moates49 New Member

I purchased my 09 Heritage back in July and now want to add some upgrades like Rush 1.75 mufflers. The stealership told me I had to have the super tuner and dyno'd just to do this, and their total came up to $989.00. :cussing:

My question is can I install the pipes without have to remap the bike?
  6. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

yeah, you should be able to do pipes...ecm will compensate, when you change the stock breather for a free flow one, then you'll need fuel management of some sort.
    I've been hearing the SESTis not as good as the old SERT. TTS Mastertune is an upgraded version of the SERT which was made for HD by the same people that sell the TTS Mastertune
  7. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Are the 08 and up heritage's TBW?
    I never looked.
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I have been reading this with interest. I had the new Race Tuner installed with the SE air cleaner on my 09 Ultra. I did not spend the 450.00 they wanted for a dyno run. Instead I had them download a map from another 09 ultra that had the exact setup as mine using the V&H Monster Ovals. They charged me $50.00 to use the down load and it works perfect. Bike runs excellent, gets from 42-48 MPG. I bought the race tuner on a 25% off sale so I don't have a fortune in it. If I were to ever change the pipes then it would have to be put on a dyno or unless they have another dyno map with those pipes then just another download.
  9. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

I like the stock sound of our bike and really don't want it any louder since we use headsets. Has anyone tried just the Race Tuner and breather upgrade without doing anything to the pipes?
  10. FLHTbiker

Waist of money if you keep the stock pipes on. Doubt you even need anything if you just change the air filter.
  11. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

You never know with Harley.
    In 07 the bikes come from the factory lean.
    They had a factory recall on the bikes.
    Think it was called a recalabration for the computer.
    Was having holes burned in the pistons on a lot of bikes.
    I don't trust a lean program from HD to meet EPA regulations.
  12. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Changing the air filter wouldn't lean it too much?
  13. FLHTbiker

Just changing the air filter shouldn't but I got to ask unless your going to change the pipes what are you really going to gain. If your leaving the stock pipes on you may as well just eave the filter stock.
  14. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Like you say, I just may as well leave everything as it is unless I can find a set of SO's that aren't so loud that it's impossible to use the headsets.
  15. FLHTbiker

That's why I really like the Monster Ovals from V&H they sound nice and don't interfere with the headset or music on the outside speakers.
  16. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

I have a 10 Ultra just put V&H big shot True Duels on it with V&H fuel pak (until I can get a PC auto Tune)and runs really good and sounds excellent,but its loud with the baffles!!!But never really listen to music that much...lol....just my pipes will do!!
  17. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Monster Ovals not bothering the headsets and music? That's encouraging. I'll have to check some of your previous posts to see your setup. What kind of gains did you get?
  18. FLHTbiker

Sitting here in the living room and looking out the back patio door to a bunch of deer eating the tops of the wife plants, :D

As for gains the Monster Ovals, HD Race Tuner, and the SE filter give around a 8 HP gain and 10 pounds of extra torque. With a cam I could gain a bunch more but thinking this is plenty.
  19. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

Forgot a pic of my new Ride!!!

Attached Files:

20. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Agree with the others, if only changing the air filter don't bother with the tuner.