1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Screaming Eagle Race Tuner

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Apr 29, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Gee sorry its only 7:45 here. :D and I'll be up at 6 AM
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

WE got a lot of 70mph here
    If you make it to Kerrville in west Texas it's 80
  3. FLHTbiker

Back around DC and those states they can't get over a crawl cause there are to many cars on the road, very crowded. Never care to back there again.
    Hey do you guys get those noisy bugs in the trees like they do back east, think they call em cicada bugs, live in the trees and make an eerie sound at night. Weird looking things.
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I thought they was tree frogs.
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Back in new Mexico we had bug s trees called the mag pies loud noise & ugly looking
  6. FLHTbiker

These bugs were all over from the Midwest to the South in N.C. and into Missouri and Kansas. Kind of prehistoric looking things my sister in N.C. said and big. Sounds like all the trees are singing an eerie sound. Weird sounding.
  7. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

:roflmao:do you think we can tune the bugs out maybe its all the ethanol there drinking that makes them noisey
  8. FLHTbiker

Maybe CB's T-max would help :roflmao:
  9. baggerpaul

come on know that was way low hit keep the punch high i got one too:fight:
  10. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

11. FLHTbiker

Was just kidding with CB:)
  12. baggerpaul

hrk i seen the things down here also . i new they were drinking ethnol they got a built in straw!
  13. baggerpaul

i know just bustin chops.
  14. FLHTbiker

If I could afford one I would probably go that route. Had the Race Tuner but the tuner guy really screwed it up and the bike was burning way to rich. Took it back 2 times and all I got was nothing wrong with it. So took it to another HD shop and had them put in a Harley stage II down load and it seems to be much better. Yep, I went back to the service manager where they did the download and Dyno tune and let him know. He didn't seem to care to much so won't get work done there again.
  15. baggerpaul

i hear ya i tell you the truth its not a bad tunner . you just have to know what your doing . the delphi system is very similar to what we had in cars in the early 90 . its speed density based . in english terms it read manifold pressure and vacum for a load device if you dont know how it works how can you tune it . crank sensor os not only to fire the coil its also to fire the injector . so now you take a device that likes good vacum and you stick a cam in there that makes less vacum heads and exhaust that flow like a son of a bit-- .and now you want to tune it not knowing how it works i dont think so . they need to send the boys to school and teach them how a fuel injection system works . its not bad if you use there cams heads and exhaust . first part of the instructions say pick the map that has the close cam specs for your bike. that tells you right there it is vacum and vave timing sensitive . it also needs to know what injector size is to determine how long to fire that injector for . and most harley techs actually dont know . 4.22 or 4.35 or lower that effects the tune in abig way. it could cost you an extra 2 or 3 hours of tune time trust me i got my ass kicked. my build was not strait forward .
  16. baggerpaul

my biggest problem i had with it is i wanted total fuel control all the time i wanted a closed loop system it makes for good power and fuel economy my bike from the factory was open loop . i was justified in buying it for that reason . 09 and up bikes with minor mods and factory closed loop you guys should have no problem in having them tuned . its not the tunner at that point its the guy tunning that has no clue how the system works !!!! there is a few mobile dyno guys that have made a fortune in dyno tunning because they educate them selves and go to school just to learn how the system operates .
  17. FLHTbiker

They spent less than 25 minutes on the Dyno when they tuned mine, :gah: can't get a good tune like that. :angry:
  18. baggerpaul

it takes longer than that to strap it down properly. a good friend of mine owns a Japanese bike shop . and one of my friends needed to have his power commander mapped . my friends shop ownes a 250i dyno jet with the eddy brake set up and he has tunning link set up on it . witch the computer makes changes to the map on the fly while you ride it. on the dyno as it loads it . and even that took 2 and a half hours . those guys just droped a map and let it go
  19. FLHTbiker

Yea and they charged me 495 for the dyno time, think I was not a bit po'ed at them.
  20. baggerpaul

that sucks man