1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Screaming Eagle Slip ons and the interconnect pipe.

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by NeilP, Nov 23, 2009.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

OK Now I know what your realy talking about ,& yes I took it out never changed the running of the bike one bit , the guy I got her pipes from gave the brace to hang the pipes with out it , she sold her bike & it's now about 250 miles from here :( so can't just go look
  2. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

is that the style of plane your flying ? look's good , I like being closer to the ground :D
  4. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

More than that, it is the exact one. G-LCOC, a Brittan Norman Trislander. built like an old Landrover...all panels and rivets...flies like a Landrover drives...and leaks just as much. That is the company I work for. I normally fly the BAe Jetstream32, but sometimes have to go back to flying the old ones
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I love prop air planes, especially the older ones. Got my A&P license when I returned from Vietnam and went to work in a small aircraft shop called flight craft. Loved the planes. Had to look for higher paying job when the first kid came along but sure do miss em. Sounds like a great living you got going there.
  6. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Yes, it can be fun, but pay is not as good as I had expected when I started to do the training.

I would be earning more now if I was still driving garbage/skip/dump trucks. My mates that still do all that can't believe what I get paid
  7. FLHTbiker

Yea that's what forced me out was $5.00 an hour with no medical benefits. Needed those with a kid coming. Wound up being a MAC Tool distributor for many years a couple of stints doing other things and now doing Home Inspections for the last 11 years . Wow, what a roller coaster ride it has been, especially lately.
  8. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

We got the same problem here, no Company medical benifits, just the state medical benefit, (which I believe you do not even have in the USA) and no company pension rights...like the office staff get.

But I am sticking at it for now. If it all goes wrong, I can always go fly somewhere hot again that pays better. Did a bit of time in Dem Rep of Congo and Uganda, pay good and work 'interesting'. :D

Being a MAC tools agent, I bet you have a well kitted out workshop now :)
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

nice ride!!!!!!!!! lol lol
  10. FLHTbiker

Had a nice ride today, sunny. I've got a pretty good set of tools and funny always acquiring more.