1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

SE two bulb headlight

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cardboard, May 23, 2011.

1. AnthonyMartello

AnthonyMartello New Member

Hi,

Thats definitely a good and economic choice. The HID headlamp light sources (bulbs) offer substantially greater luminance and luminous flux than halogen bulbs - more than double. HID burners give higher efficacy (produce more light from less power) than halogen bulbs. The highest-intensity halogen headlamp bulbs, H9 and HIR1, produce 2100 to 2530 lumens from approximately 70 watts at 13.2 volts. The reduced power consumption means less fuel consumption, with resultant less CO2 emission per vehicle fitted with HID lighting (1.3 g/km assuming that 30% of engine running time is with the lights on).

Thanks,
    Anthony Martello
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

OK Anthony, whatever you say! You gave me a headache! I'll take yer word fer it. :roflmao:
  3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

The Xenon bargains Hid light I have in my bike is a 35 watt that produces 6000 K of light.
    If you go to xenonbargains.com you can look at it.
    I have the Screaming Eagle dual bulb too. One is for low and one is for high.
    And I have 35k runnin lights.