1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Seats

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 03LD, Apr 26, 2016.

1. 03LD

03LD Member

Good day everyone,

I am looking for a new seat for my dyna, reason being is after a couple hours riding I find my inner thighs a bit sore from the stock FXDL seat. I have stock control location, and very rarely use the highway pegs. I am 5'9, 190. My wife doesn't really care for the pass. seat much and has a fairly well padded deirriere..☺. I have found a decent price sundowner $150. I can't see it in person but I am thinking it is fairly wide up front. I sat on a fat boy with a Mustang solo and it was narrow up front but it felt like the bucket pushed me forward or was digging into my back a bit. I knows it's a personal preference thing but I don't have the luxury or curse of being able to buy every seat on the market.

Just want some more comfort on a days riding. 6-8 hours max.

thanks
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Mustang seat, narrower than stock, so your legs reach the ground easier, foam is firm so you won't sink into the seat, Stock HD seats are open cell foam, feels great when you first sit, but after a while the foam compresses out the air and you are riding on the rails/pan - sore arse...
  3. 03LD

03LD Member

Is the sundowner same foam as a stock H-D? Also from what I gather the bracket/tab on the 04-05 Dynas is different from 96-03. So I'd have to F@#$ with it to get it to work anyhow..any other bolt on seats on the cheap?
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

All he seats are same. Look in craigslist and eBay. Someone is always selling a seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

You can have your existing seat redone. I had Mean City Cycle redo mine and was very satisfied, and much less than a new seat. Check out their websight.
  6. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I did also. Seat is awesome!