1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Semi Excited

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Mar 11, 2016.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

The boxes are actually in decent condition, they are just really dirty from sitting in the cold and in a semi humid environment. My best offer If I decide to pursue it is $2100. As far as the engine goes, my guy did the work so I know what the engine has in it and I have spoken extensively with Derek already about this bike.
  2. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Also mine wasn't in as bad shape as his. I only mention that as a reference of comparrison. And like i mentioned i was only offered 3000-3200$

image.jpeg
  3. badinfluence63

Yeah thats a good price. Might be a few hundred light but at least you have bargaining wiggle room should you chose to. You can always go up, hard to start high and go low,lol.
  4. 03LD

03LD Member

Nice bike, like those bags, nice to see nice leather work.
  5. Silent-Dutch

Silent-Dutch Active Member

Yes that turned out really nice.Up here in Canada with the dollar value it'd be worth $7,500 to $10,000
  6. badinfluence63

Thanks. She got all new rocker boxes,rims,tires,tank,top end,handle bars,front and rear brakes sand blasted and refurbed, new brake discs, converted back to electronic ignition and brought the saddle bags back to life.

I cannot believe the immense dammage done for just sitting in the barn covered for 7 years. Chrome rusted and peeled.

This what it looked like when i put her in the barn. Moral of the story isride the bike or sell it to someone who will.
    image.jpeg
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yep stuff doesn't like being un used
  8. JohnnyBiker

Yep, after my trip to Jamacia I decided that I am not going to buy that shovel head. More out there.
  9. badinfluence63

I hear you. Sometimes it helps to step away and regroup. Doesn't sound like the guy really wants to sell.
  10. JohnnyBiker

To me it's just a better organized basket case. That's why I am walking away from it. And you are right, too much.
  11. Silent-Dutch

Silent-Dutch Active Member

Yup it's a basket case.And the dollar value drops.Like you said more out there.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    JohnnyBiker likes this.