1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Small Exhaust Project

Discussion in 'Projects' started by big_jake57, Dec 1, 2013.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Ya I know what you mean I've let a few go & kick my self when ever I think of what I had , even the ole dodge trucks 66-71 from the /6, a poly , a 318 , A hopped up 318 & a couple with the 383
  2. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Beautiful ride, Jake.
  3. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

That is Sweet!!!:cool:
  4. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

Hey guys, Back in December I started this post about the pipe and muffler change. The weather gave me a chance to get out for a ride finally and got to hear the pipes on the road. I have the V&H mufflers on now, and I must say they sound real good on the road. I can putt thru town without disturbing the neighbors, but it really comes alive when I get on it. I'll still try the Cobra's later on, but pretty happy with the sound I'm getting. Also,, I usually call B/S on being able to "feel" minor performance upgrades by seat of the pants,, but I gotta say getting rid of the stock head pipes and that damn convertor has made a noticeable difference already, and I still have to put a tuner on the thing !
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I changed my headers out and got rid of the converter to. First thing I noticed was the lack of the heat that the converter put out. Man that thing got hot. Bike does run better and did notice a change in performance. As for tuners take your pick lot of em out there and lots of opinions.