1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Snownado!!!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Roadster guy, Mar 26, 2014.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

WOW that's some heavy snow ,I'ed be ready like Lucifer , & JB you've had some super cold temps this year my Yankees brother
  2. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

That kind of snow should be measured in meters.
  3. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Heavy snow'd be right if I remember correctly. Wet heavy stick to your shovel snow. I love that part of the land but I don't miss shovelling that snow. At least the stuff out here you can ski on..when a person gets the time to do it.
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Oregon still has snow on it to.

A brisk morning on The Sumpter Valley Gold Railway --- Captured by 1859 fan. Yep, they still run the old train through the Gold Hills in Sumpter. This is a really great destination to ride to in the summer month. One of the countries largest flea markets is held there every year. Those mounds to right are part of the old original dredge fields.

image.jpg
    Roadster guy likes this.
  5. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Great pic....I like the old steam trains...Did the Durango to Silverton run as a little kid...
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Nah it should be measured from a distance, a long distance, like 1500 miles away, due south...
  7. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

As usual, another fine pic from FLHT. Excellent capture.
  8. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Yup, great pic. I've always loved trains, especially freight trains. Dropped out of school and rode 'em to California and back in the early 60s with the rest of the hoboes before I had my first bike.
  9. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I'll bet you could write an interesting book about those experiences.
  10. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

I want outta here.jpg

Well, the 1st Nor'Easter that buried roadster guy, my side of Cape Breton came out relatively unscathed... so mother Nature decided to send a 2nd one :mad:
    Didn't get away from it this time...2 days of ice pellets,then a day of freezing rain followed up by a foot of snow....Trees,power lines and poles took a beating even though the winds weren't quite as high as the previous week but the island was basically shut down for 2 days...some people had no power for a week,I only lost it for a few hours,so my beer stayed cold:cool:....been looking at houses in Floorida lol