1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

So so stupid

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Ashley, Mar 11, 2009.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

If you want some really good tips on picking up a bike, or, slow manuvering a bagger in a tight area, this guys tapes and his shows are great, he teaches classes and is a former LEO motorcycle teacher for the cops to show them how to ride.

Ride like a Pro - Jerry Paladino

I don't care how long you've been riding these are very good tips from a very good instructor on the proper operation techniques that make you better.
  2. Mayor

Mayor New Member

Thanks for the information.....been wanting to find that for my wife (and myself) I had seen it before and wanted to order it and lost it somewhere...Wife rides a trike, but, we both need the education...thanks again!! Heard it was great for those new and us with 49 years...
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

yup...very good stuff!!!
  4. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I got the ride like a pro vid..good stuff, lots of good info in it. I was doing a reorganization in the garage and was moving the 'electra glide around and I didn't put the jiffy stand down correctly and I wound up getting pinned between the workbench and the bike....got a really badly bruised forearm and shoulder..but the bike's OK...they're pretty easy to pick up. I hope I don't get too experienced at this.
  5. RadarRunner56

RadarRunner56 New Member

I have done this twice, the last time was about six months after getting my 2005 FatBoy. Lucked out with just a bent shifter (straightened it in a vise) & a few scratches on the primary. I now have an engine guard in case I do it again.

Both times felt like a idiot & lifted the bikes up probably due to being angry with myself at the time. :angry:
  6. fittykick

fittykick New Member

I took my wife to the ice cream store one night. She hopped off....I hopped off....and just watched the bike hit the ground, right in front of the crowded ice cream shop. I picked the bike up (amazing how strong embarrasment can make you!!) and told the wife to get on. She said "but I haven't got my ice cream!!!" I told her there was no way I was walking into that shop and that I'd buy her one somewhere else or she could walk home from there. Man that was a bad night...and the last time I did it. That was 20 yrs ago and I still remember it.
  7. chucktx

i have said this once and will say it again......there are those that have, and those that are gonna!!! lol
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Ha, I'll bet I'm the only one who has dropped his bike with the wife on the back in front of his mother. All I kept hearing the rest of the day was poor Pat, poor Pat :rolleyes: that's embarrassing.
  9. chucktx

hehehehehe........i bet that hurt..................your pride!!! lol lol

oh ya, tell pat were sorry for her...........poor pat, poor poor pat!!!!!!!! lol
  10. Mayor

Mayor New Member

My thoughts when the wife rode with me was poor Toni will heal.....the bike will not!!!!:D :roflmao:
  11. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Got on to Jerry's web site and he has a bunch of teasers to watch. Very good stuff. Also found out he's makin appearances at several HOG rallys this year and is giving 2 hour classes during that time. He also has a diagram of the courses that he trains on and will give everybody a idea of the difficulties of move 800# of iron around at 3-5 mph.
    About time I started saving my pennies and get some more education. Hope you guys get the chance to see his show in person.