1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Some idiot did something wrong

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by HARLEE LYNN, Dec 29, 2018.

1. HARLEE LYNN

HARLEE LYNN New Member

Hello everyone Im an avid rider but NOT a mechanic ,altho I do like to try.. When i got my bike used 1200 custom it had LED lights around frame that were pretty bad ass with remote all was well then they went out and took my brake light signal horn and odemetor with it . I checked all the fuses replaced a few and got nothing . I cant see where the light wire starts and stop because he has it wired behind the oil tank and across top of motor that i as a woman zip tied knowing it would burn thru the wires .
    Any advice and are there anymore fuses that I need to check anywhere? Still learning but would love the help
    Thanks
    Harlee
  2. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Sure sounds like a fuse.I would disconnect the leds from the bike and check the fuses for 1 that blew since you replaced it and turned the ign.switch back on. Let us know how it comes out.
  3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Sometimes the LED light strips have fuses in their own line, like the Christmas tree lights. You may have to cut the zips loose to see, but replacing them is easy enough.

Pulling a tank loose enough to look is not too complicated, but if you had someone help it would go easier. And if you don't have a service manual, get one.

Good luck!
  4. HARLEE LYNN

HARLEE LYNN New Member

Thanks y'all I repaved every fuse now it's all working except LED lights gotta get bulb for brake light but it's going good thanks for your advice.. Ride on and much love
    Red Rider likes this.