1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Sorry I haven't posted much

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Marc, I'm off quite early. If we want to be there on saturday morning we could be in LV on friday night which would have us in Pocatello on the Thursday which means you and me would have to leave home Wednesday sometime..unless you want to hit Monument Valley which likely we won't see during the ride so if we want to see that we'll have to leave earlier. I should shoot you an email and get your phone number again..[computer crash] and if we want to leave early and swing through some red rock and stuff we could do that. I don't know how much money I'm gonna have and i'd love to rip down on the Duc but it'll be the Harley that gets the call. I'm sorry about Milt not being able to make it.
  2. SK

SK New Member

I was hoping to be in Springerville by late Friday afternoon (that's when CD is coming if I believe). 3 nights there and leave Monday morning (Labor Day). If you can't make it into Las Vegas by Thursday evening, we could hook up in Flagstaff again or something. Hell..my last class ends around 4:30pm on Wednesday..is that too early to get to Las Vegas?
  3. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Wednesday eve isn't too early for me how 'bout you Marc?
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Well, what day would you want to meet up in Idaho Bob.
    I also looked up on a map and if we went down 89 in Utah does it not go through Bryce Canyon and follow on down to Flagstaff where we could also meet up with Kevin on Thursday? Just a thought. Looks like some good roads through that area.
  5. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Friday afternoon in Springerville...thursday night in Flagstaff..wednesday? Wow! Tuesday in Pocatello should give us lots of time to ride down 89. I'm trying to remember what I did last year. I got out late, went to Helena MT then to about 60 miles north of St George and the next day hooked up with Kevin at Flagstaff....nice motel there..good hot tub and an easy ride in to ski country Arizona...man that still blows me away. I guess it depends on how much we want to see on the way down there..We could always talk the crowd into doing a ride up to Monument Valley from Springerville too.
  6. SK

SK New Member

Just let me know what you guys decide. I kind of like meeting in Flagstaff, because that means not having to ride all the way to Springerville from Las Vegas in one day, not that it's that bad of a ride..mostly I40. Breaking it up allows better use of riding the backroads. Plus, Flagstaff will be cooler weather when it still can be pretty hot out.

I just thought if you came into Las Vegas Wednesday evening, you could rest a day in Las Vegas..see something maybe, then ride out early Friday morning. Doesn't matter though as I'm just happy we're all getting together.
  7. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I'll get it figured out. I like the idea of Las Vegas and a short visit as well as I'm not going to have a lot of time on the other end. I'll have to see how much time Marc can spare. The way it is looking right now though, Flagstaff is probably the best fit and if that's the case maybe we'd best book some rooms soon. Marc, what do you think?
  8. SK

SK New Member

I'll look into booking a room in Flagstaff for Thursday night of the 1st. I wonder if we can get 3 in a room there. I sure can't really afford a room to myself at the moment. Hell..I'd bring my backpack sleeping pad if I need to. Any way..I can either get my discount through my Chevron travel club or a AAA discount..whichever is cheaper. Definitely want a hot tub. Hopefully..the hot tub is working this time at the Reeds Lodge. It was down last year.
  9. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

What ever works the best for you guys works for me. I kind of like the idea of doing as much riding as possible and seeing new sights. Farthest that I have been into Arizona was when we all went to Laughlin. Would not mind seeing Flagstaff, heard lots about it though. But if Vegas works better that's fine to.

I'll definitely be riding the lazy boy for comfort. Shoot the old black bike is pretty comfortable. Don't see why we can't get all three in a room. We could flip a coin to see who gets the floor. Shoot a few beers :D and might not even notice the floor until the next morning :eek:

Really looking forward to Labor Day, I think its going to be great. I think I better loose some weight before I get into a hot tub :eek: