1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

spark plugs

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by samvan, Aug 18, 2015.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Cardboard I see where you was talking spark plugs on another forum 3 years ago.
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

And what was i saying then
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

That you use Iridium Plugs
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I did use them. And I forgot what the problems was. And it was before I found out about the dude that dynoed bikes and talked to Thunder-Max and found out about the interference with them.
    And I was told to use the standard 4164
    Thought I posted this.
  5. samvan

samvan Active Member

I put in a pair of SE 32186-10, Manufacturer calls for .035 gap. I gapped at .033 added a proper amount of lucus octane boost to 91 octane gas, run the bike pretty good, stop,get in it and get, then stretched it out a bit, approx 50 - 60 miles. Tail pipes looked good, pulled the plugs, looked good with a slight light tanish red color that octane boost leaves. Gonna try some autolites next time just for curiosity.
  6. samvan

samvan Active Member

7. samvan

samvan Active Member

I have a pair of e3. 36 spark plugs. I hear they are a waste of money? I also hear they work good with big bore motors. 135 hp/136 tq. Have anyone experienced these plugs or have opinions? I haven't tried them yet.
  8. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Since you have a set and you've been trying out a few different types,screw 'em in and let us know if you feel a hp/tq difference:). My opinion on the high dollar exotic plugs is, they are a waste of money. Once the plug ignites the compressed air/fuel mixture....it's job is done...The only benefit from them is they'll last longer and you might get quicker starts.
    A good standard plug(pick flavor) in the right heat range is all you really need.
    JMHO:D
    samvan likes this.
  9. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

They sure are different looking plugs...I remember hearing about racers indexing the plugs pointing the open end toward the intake valve so ground strap wouldn't shroud the flame to try to shave off .001 seconds, don't know if it really worked though:D