1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Sportster Rebuild

Discussion in 'Projects' started by JohnnyBiker, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Guy here at work was looking at the same type of court issue with his young daughter and her ex regarding their child, it resolved itself out ok in the end. Good news on the promo, hope it works out. Motor can wait for a bit.
  2. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Your starter and battery will thank you for the addition of compression releases.
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Yes they will but they weren't really needed because of the long duration cams that I am using. Now it will be more sensible.
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Cold starts are not that tough, but when you get it very hot in the summer
    and get into hot restarts thats when cam timing, piston position and compression all come into play and can kick back, it will make a difference then..
  5. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

A couple weeks ago, Tattoo had a custom chopper that had just been built by a shop in the western part of our state. One of those long, bling style bikes I love to hate with a 110 inch Rev Tech motor & a 13 inch wide rear tire. It was the most uglyass $40,000 motorcycle I ever saw. I noticed that when it was started cold it would turn over and start, barely - but restarts after it was warmed up were impossible.
  6. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Yeah, they are nice.