1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Sputhe Engineering Dyna Chassis stabilizer.

Discussion in 'Projects' started by plumbertom, Apr 8, 2010.

1. plumbertom

plumbertom Active Member

For lack of a better place I'm gonna put this here.
    I ordered an received the stabilizer kit from Sputhe after checking out the various makers of such things it came down to this or True Track and Sputhe just looked better.
    This is the front stabilizer installed. Took about 1 hour to get it on.
    [​IMG]
    The rear one was the bear. As well as what the instructions said to do, I also had to remove the front muffler and the rear brake master cyl. which of course meant bleeding the caliper once it was put back on. It bolts to the right side of the rear trany mount so you have to remove the stock bolts and put the new ones in from the left side then the other piece goes where the mout bolts to the frame. Took about 4 hours total to install the rear one.
    [​IMG]
    Can't wait to get it out on the road and see if that squirmy rear end is gone.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

please post a report on this modification........very interesting!!
  3. plumbertom

plumbertom Active Member

Two hundred miles today most of it solo with about 30 miles heavy load (two up).
    The stabilizers became apparent as I started down the mountain from my house, even at low speeds (45 MPH) there is a marked difference in the way the bike feels in the turns.
    Once I hit the freeway and got up to cruising speed (70-75 MPH) the bike showed what its potential actually is. It was an entirely different ride on a freeway I ride all the time. The bike was rock steady and all the rain groves seemed to have vanished. I had to give the handlebars a little shake to make sure they still turned. At higher speeds 85-90+ the bike was as steady as while cruising. I's like I got a new and better motorcycle for the price of a set of stabilizers.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

thanks for the report!!!!!!!!! glad you are likeing the modification!!
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

very good report , I've half asz looking into them , now to save more pennies up (need a bigger jar)
  6. plumbertom

plumbertom Active Member

just checking to see if my bike is in my sig. now
  7. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

what pocket change did you throw at them?
  8. plumbertom

plumbertom Active Member

I got mine from Dr. V-Twin for $335. but I also ordered my T-max from them at the same time so they gave me a break off the list price of $365.
  9. Panthera

Panthera New Member

Thanks a lot! Now I have something else on the wish list! The list is growing faster than funds to satisfy the list.
  10. plumbertom

plumbertom Active Member

Seems to be the way it works for me also.