1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Sputter

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 1988flhtc in nfld, Apr 29, 2009.

1. 1988flhtc in nfld

1988flhtc in nfld New Member

thanks ole dog, ill be checkin that tomorrow . let you know
  2. Carl Blanchard

Carl Blanchard Inactive

Hey,1988flhtc what part of the Rock you from? I'am from the West Coast.
  3. 1988flhtc in nfld

carl, ya im from corner brook, and you
  4. 1988flhtc in nfld

yabba dabba doo. workin justfine now. went with the 180 jet 2nd setting on needle, 2n a halfturns, plus a tweak .awesome its fun to ride again.put on a couple 100 kms today. sweet. couple of pics for ya.
  5. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Good, glad you got er....keep the rubber side down;) :)
  6. 1988flhtc in nfld

i placed some finished pics in gallery, thank for the heads up
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

just checked out the pics........looks good!!!! stay safe and have fun!
  8. 1988flhtc in nfld

9. Carl Blanchard

Carl Blanchard Inactive

I'am from St.George's,
  10. 1988flhtc in nfld

perfomance got increasingly better,with every time i leaned her out. but still that bubbly "lack of smoothness between acceleration and decelleration, it just bugged me. still black plugs,went to a 170,needle middle setting, adjust air /fuel.almost got it.so i dropped my needle 1 setting above center setting, gettin betterheavy black is almost gone, another adj. on a/f mixture and bam tan /brown, on front plug, good acc. any gear when it hits 2500 she starts to kick in.start out rich work to tan, thanks guys. ill keep an eye on that plug for a while longer.
  11. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

sounds like your zeroing in on it..........good going!!!!! have fun and stay safe!
  12. Carl Blanchard

Carl Blanchard Inactive

Hey, 1988flhtc Do you know of any guys in around your way good at working on harleys. I am having carb problems nothing major, just need a little fine tuning.Nice day today for riding I was in your way today for a ride,the weather is not looking that promising for the weekend.So I thought I'll get a ride in today. Thank I. A. Carl
  13. 1988flhtc in nfld

hey carl, my buddy here in c. brook, would be glad to help you out, if thats what you want to do. but he also mentioned for you to look up someone closer to you ,. a couple of guys named andy hickey, and ray hann,ray works at the furniture store in stephenville. he said a couple of good guys . let me know how that works out for you. tell them derick dawe,set you up with their names.
  14. Carl Blanchard

Carl Blanchard Inactive

Thanks 1988, I know ray he owns the furniture store, but I didn't think that he worked on bikes.:banghead: I was talking to a sam carter I got is name for a guy in corner br.sam works at harleys, he also told me about derick dawe,but I fogot his first name.I was talking to sam on friday before I went in to cb. he told me to drop in to where he works and he come out and see how the bike is acting.Went I got there I ask was sam in I wanted to see him. The owner said he was busy and never let me talk to him first or last.The owner told me to make a appointment,and I told him to go f himself :angry: and walked out.I don't have sam's phone # and I don't see it in the book.I'll probally give dirick a call. Thanks Carl