1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Stage 1 upgrade question

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by dmassey, Oct 17, 2009.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Very nice, you sure got a big grin, cool.
  2. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

:D:D:D:D "Green is for envy" nice lookin ride congrats!
  3. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Thanks for all the "flowers" guys! We took it down VA state hwy. 58 yesterday afternoon. Sort of a curvy two lane through the mountains. Maybe I'm just foolin' myself 'cause of the extra cost but it seems like the Ultra handled better than the Heritage. I'm about to get used to not bein' able to see the front tire. That's a bad habit to pick up anyhow. You're supposed to look at the road, not the front tire.
    anyhow have a GREAT start to the new week.
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Man that's a good looking ride & two big ole grins :D
  5. milofields

milofields New Member

I am looking at the same upgrade? I'm excited to see the results.. I"m adding V&H Big Shot Duals.
  6. milofields

milofields New Member

Do you use plug ins or battery powered...Looking to make the purchase...do you use heated vest and pants liner?
  7. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

No just gloves, I use plug in’s no jacket liner or pants, just gloves. I just bought a pair of gloves today for my buddy for Christmas at 30% off. These are made by First Gear, very nice gloves. The gloves that I have are from Gerbing, and I really like them. I have ridden all day in temps around 40 degrees and been ok, pants would have been nice, I see that now there are in soles that are heated, they might be nice.
    Some of the guys that are out in the late night wear vest and pants. I am sure they would be nice to have, around here it usually isn't to bad unless it is snowing, then I stay home.

Gerbing's Heated Clothing // The World's Warmest Clothing!
    Heated Electric Clothing
    WarmGear Mens 12v Heated Leather Gloves (Pair): CozyWinters
    Heated Motorcycle Clothing at Motorcycle Superstore
    FG Heated Rider Gloves These are the one I bought today.
  8. milofields

milofields New Member

That's great to know, I have been debating buying Harley Battery Powered Gloves OR First Gear Plug in gloves. I guess I have been leary of the fighting the wires. I agree to not fight the snow, but low temperatures will not stop me. Riding is my drug of stress relief. Thank you for the information, I'm glad to have found this forum.
  9. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Sorry but I won't be able to tell you the results of that particular upgrade since we traded that bike for another. But the folks on this forum have plenty of experience behind their belts and they'll be able to give good advice.
  10. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Hey BluePearl, you changed your avitar. Get yours and chuck's avitar together and you could buff down a whole car - or anything else - in a short while.................
  11. milofields

milofields New Member

I rode yesterday 180 miles, when we left in the morning it was 35 degrees with a 5 to 15 mph wind. The only thing that was cold on us was our hands and our inner thigh (from our chap exposure, no big deal). I was at a Harley dealership and was spending enough with them already, they gave me a good deal on some plug in heated Harley gloves. I purchased them and am going to try getting by with heated only gloves. They said they even make heated socks. I thought that might be interesting, anyone tried those?
  12. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

Had to keep up with the "Smith's & Jones" besides she is a cute little thing ;)