1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Sturgis 2007

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Peyts, May 13, 2007.

1. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Boys... best thing to do is exchange some cell phone #s. Gonna be some half million people there, and likely at least a quarter million bikes. I am gonna be pulling into town late... I think on the 10th. I've got #s from some of you... either that or lets set a time and place to meet. What do ya think?
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

that sounds like a great idea............hope y'all can get together for a bit!!! have fun, take lots of pics, be carefull!!
  3. Peyts

Peyts New Member

GETTING CLOSER! Just days way from Sturgis! YEEEE-HAAAAWWWWW! Can't wait to be part of the big event!

I am still hoping to meet some of you down there... though I won't be arriving until the 9th or 10th... waiting for a good friend to get away from work.

We are also planning on riding to Mount Rushmore, the site of the Battle of Little Bighorn (Custer's Last Stand), the Ride to the Sun, and more.

Vacation time in the U S of A... here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

could cut it REALLY close on if you get to run into me....tentitive plans for us are to depart sturgis either thursday or friady (things are still "pending" on that).......Let me know when you are in the area!
  5. Peyts

Peyts New Member

AFNurse... I'll give you a shout... plan is for us to be at Sturgis on the 9th around mid-day. Staying about 12 blocks outside of the main event area. Make sure you try me on my cell phone as well. Trust that you still have the phone number.
  6. AFNurse

Have the cell phone, I just don't know exactly when we are pulling out....could be thursday, could be friday....depends on the other riders....I have futher to ride, but have more time off.....
  7. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

I'm outa here in about 2 hours. Leaving at 1:00pm and plan to find a campground south of Salt Lake City for tonight. Gonna do Idaho and LoLo pass before I come back thru Montana to Sturgis.:drunk:

Last year I didn't make it past Vegas when the front rod bearing disintegrated. I hope I have better luck this year. I think I will, the engine sounds strong.

Ride safe everyone.

Tom, over and out for a week.
    That's probably good news to some of you:roflmao:
  8. AFNurse

So, I am now at my In-laws place....left san antonio Tx thrusday morning...pulled 850 miles or so and ended up in Springfield MO.....only had about 400 to do today, was done riding at about 1300ish. Was nice, bit hot later in the afternoon. Boy did that cold one go down smooth last nite...and today! Pulling out from Iowa sometime EARLY sunday morning for Sturgis! Probably won't be on much between now and next week. HOpe all that are on the road ride safe!
  9. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Nurse & Tom:

I'll be leaving in another couple of days... look forward to seeing you guys down there! Have a safe and fun ride!
  10. chucktx

y'all be carefull and have fun............dont forget the pics!!!!!! lol
  11. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Chuck... you ain't talkin about pics of the wet t-shirt events or anything... are you?
  12. chucktx

oh no, nothing like that!!!!!!!!!!:roflmao: :D
  13. Peyts

Peyts New Member

I didn't think so. But in the meantime, would you mind if I took some of those pics and posted them for ya? :roflmao:
  14. chucktx

no problem.....but, we need to keep a r rating on this board....but emails are wide open!!!!!!
  15. Peyts

Peyts New Member

10-4, Loud & Clear! I'll see what I can find for ya, Chuck!
  16. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Don't be stingy now Peyts! If you're gonna start sending out good stuff, you had better include me..:D
  17. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Hahahahahahaha! VooDoo... point taken! I'll make sure that you are included on "the list" of those who receive the "good" pictures! Cheers! :devil:
  18. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

19. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Don't thank me yet... no one said I was gonna send you the wet t-shirt pics of the good-lookin, thin ladies! :roflmao:

Cheers, buddy! I'll have pics for you guys in couple of weeks. :devil:
  20. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Damn, I always get the fatties.....:(