1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

TC "B" Engine Sumping

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Lucifer, Aug 27, 2011.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

ya i agree on the heat . i was just thinking of wear . in side the pump housing . but then again its not that old you say ! i would lean more towards it being a oring seal problem if it cant hold vacum in the housing it will sump. oring may seal real well and then start to leak . it happens on ac jobs here in the shop all the time . and injector orings as well . that ethanol affects every thing dont for get the oil gets contaminents from un burt fuel as well!
  2. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

It was a new pump that went in and he went over everything before trying alignment 2nd time,no pinched o rings,wavy washer was fine(I was grasping at straws there)I'll tell him to check the clearance...if everything is good,there has to be something putting it out of alignment,right??
    How far out would a crank have to be before it'll break pump seal??:confused:

He's not getting much of a chance to check it out....he gets 1 bike out and 2 more come in....and they all want them done yesterday!!:roflmao:
  3. baggerpaul

:)Well tell him dont bitch in todays economy thats a good thing .
  4. baggerpaul

Just a thought i wonder if the relief valve is not seating all the way down in cam chest . And its building enough pressure to keep the oil light out . But it still is not sealing allowing it to sump? It does not sump all the time right away after you guys take it apart .maybe its getting hung up?
  5. Lucifer

Good thought..if he didn't check it...definitely worth checking:D
  6. baggerpaul

did ya fix it ?
  7. Lucifer

No...he's been flat out with other peoples bikes the last few weeks....going to check the relief valve though,it's the only thing left in the cam chest that hasn't been checked even though it is a new cam plate...wouldn't be the 1st time something came from the factory not right...
    I'll post the results when he gets to it...still hoping it's the comp nut on the left side...probably a couple more weeks before he get's back to his own bike...