1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Texas Lonestar Rally

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

He skipped my pumpkin patch that rat fink!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I don't know you two :rolleyes:
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

yeah well if we got candy from the Great Punkin you'd act like ya knew us...
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Well the rally was a bust for me , same crap as last year & all the other years ,But on Sunday my bro-in-law & I went & test rode the new Indian's WOW what a great bike to ride & look at the 111 ci engine was/is so right there & looks like the old style flat head they had way back when , Rode two different style ones & both where just easy to handle only rode about 10 miles but with u turns & some slow corners & a short burst of straight away , They said there still making the add on's sissy bars & other parts , some did have after market pipes solid sound from them , they also said there working on some new /old style handle bars for us riders with short arms but trying to keep the same style just not as wide , the electric moving windshield was great & just a bit over $20k if I remember right , also rode the new Victory's another great riding bike ,The cross country tour is up town over the reg cross country rode the same course as with the Indian ,& imop Hd has same great compation if the people give Indian a chance or the Victory MY 2 Cents on both bikes :cool:
  5. FLHTbiker

Poor dealer network right now will hurt them. Need Indian dealers not snow mobile dealers servicing them.
  6. cowboy

There a dealer here in the Houston , he also has a HD dealer , Honda , Victory & Indian all different areas , Not all in just one or two building ,
  7. FLHTbiker

There are 3 major HD dealers here in my area however the closest Indian dealers is either 450 miles to the north or 650 miles east which is Reno. Plus there are 3 or more major HD dealers up north. Many places in the US like that so why would anyone from here want to invest in one. I don't care how good they are they have to have a better dealer network for it to succeed.
  8. cowboy

Don't know about there dealer set up's or what areas there going to target ,I just know there's there's one about 15-20 miles from me, & the Lone star rally is the only one I've ever wasted my time going to , because it's only 20 from home
  9. FLHTbiker

Works for you then but they are far and few between for many.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  10. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Well I wouldn't toss the baby out with the bathwater,
    it's early in the development of dealers, HD didn't have thousands of dealers
    when they started, Polaris will fill up the dealers with the distribution...
  11. cowboy

Yes they will ,I checked out the Indian web site & check on demo rides theres dates all over the country ,even in the Ocala FL area , I think it's this month
  12. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

First ya gotta have bikes to sell, then the dealerships will follow, I'm sure. I've been hearing good things about the new Indians. And the look of them is killer.
  13. cowboy

your right Josh , google the Indian motorcycle & check out there site & demo rides there going all over the country ,& have a list off when & where